| /v\ |
| /( )\ |
| ^^ ^^ |
Re: Newbie Jump Start [ In reply to ]
"Guenther, Kurt - NASHCCON" <kurt.guenther.NASHCCON@acs-inc.com> writes:

Welcome,

> How does a newbie get going with the library?

Well, there's a texinfo Manual, have a look at that. Besides that you
can find several test programs beneath the directory `tests'.

> Are there some sample files or even a version of gpg that runs on
> libgcrypt?

A future version of gpg will use libgcrypt, but it's not done yet, as
far as I know.

> I just want to do an asymmetric encryption/decryption, and I'm
> hoping to scrap the surface.

That's not too hard and covered by tests/pubkey.c. For your
information: really soon a different, alternative interface for
asymmetric cryptography will be included in the CVS version, which is
easier to use in my opinion, since the user does not have to work with
S-expressions.

moritz
--
((gpg-key-id . "6F984199")
(email . "moritz@duesseldorf.ccc.de")
Re: Newbie Jump Start [ In reply to ]
On 0, "Guenther, Kurt - NASHCCON" <kurt.guenther.NASHCCON@acs-inc.com> wrote:
> How does a newbie get going with the library? Are there some sample files
> or even a version of gpg that runs on libgcrypt?

gpg 1.1.2

ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/alpha/gnupg/
Re: Newbie Jump Start [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 2 Jul 2003 22:23:50 +0200, Ruediger Sonderfeld said:

>> How does a newbie get going with the library? Are there some sample files
>> or even a version of gpg that runs on libgcrypt?

> gpg 1.1.2

and GNUTSL, newpg, probably more seee also the test programs under
tests/ and src/benchmark.c

--
Werner Koch <wk@gnupg.org>
The GnuPG Experts http://g10code.com