JPN Associates, Inc.
cvilla@jpninc.com
(630) 836-8091
RE: Urgent help required in using GnuPG [ In reply to ]
hi,
Use

--no-mangle-dos-filenames

it will solve your problem

Best Regards

C.

-----Original Message-----
From: gcrypt-devel-admin@gnupg.org [mailto:gcrypt-devel-admin@gnupg.org]
On Behalf Of Chacko Kuruvilla
Sent: Thursday, 12 June 2003 4:24 AM
To: gcrypt-devel@gnupg.org
Subject: Urgent help required in using GnuPG

Hi,

I am trying to use GnuPG in our encryption and decryption programs. I
have a problem.

The problem is as follows:
We are using GnuPG Ver. 1.2.2 on WinNT.
When we need to encrypt a file with filename 'sample', we use the
command
gpg -r recipient -e sample
This creates a file names sample.gpg. This is fine since when we
decrypt, we get the original filename sample back.

If the filename is changed to sample.txt, we run the following command

gpg -r recipient -e sample.txt
This creates the output file sample.gpg instead of sample.txt.gpg as we
would have expected. When we decrypt the file sample.gpg, we get the
output filename 'sample' which is a problem.

If the filename is changed to sample.txt.txt, we run the following
command

gpg -r recipient -e sample.txt.txt
This creates the output file sample.txt.txt.gpg which is exactly as we
would have expected. When we decrypt the file sample.txt.txt.gpg, we get
the output filename 'sample.txt.txt' which is fine.

We cannot understand the anomaly between the way in which options 2 and
3 are working. Would appreciate some feedback since we need to be able
to retrieve the exact original filename when decrypting files.

Regards,
Chacko Kuruvilla,
JPN Associates, Inc.
cvilla@jpninc.com