Mailing List Archive

gpg-error not detected when compiling libksba:
I'm trying to compile libksba ad I get the following error:

checking whether the visibility attribute is supported... no
checking for gpg-error-config... no
checking for gpgrt-config... /usr/local/bin/gpgrt-config
checking for GPG Error - version >= 1.8... no
configure: error: libgpg-error is needed.
See ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/libgpg-error/ .

Whoever, gpg-error is installed and I can find the .pc file:

libksba-build ? ls /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/*gpg*
git:master*
/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/gpg-error.pc

libksba 1.6.2 and libgpg-error 1.46

Fragen sind da um gestellt zu werden
Georg Kreisler

Headaches with a Juju log:
unit-basic-16: 09:17:36 WARNING juju.worker.uniter.operation we should
run a leader-deposed hook here, but we can't yet

Re: gpg-error not detected when compiling libksba: [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Apr 2, 2023 at 8:11?AM Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez via
Gnupg-devel <gnupg-devel@gnupg.org> wrote:

> I'm trying to compile libksba ad I get the following error:
>
> checking whether the visibility attribute is supported... no
> checking for gpg-error-config... no
> checking for gpgrt-config... /usr/local/bin/gpgrt-config
> checking for GPG Error - version >= 1.8... no
> configure: error: libgpg-error is needed.
> See ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/libgpg-error/ .
>
> Whoever, gpg-error is installed and I can find the .pc file:
>
> libksba-build ? ls /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/*gpg*
> git:master*
> /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/gpg-error.pc
>
> libksba 1.6.2 and libgpg-error 1.46

Ensure pkg-config package is installed. Then, set PKG_CONFIG_PATH
before invoking configure.

Jeff

Re: gpg-error not detected when compiling libksba: [ In reply to ]
Hello,

Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez wrote:
> libksba 1.6.2 and libgpg-error 1.46

Please try libksba 1.6.3, which has a change for libgpg-error detection.

Re: gpg-error not detected when compiling libksba: [ In reply to ]
Thank you so much. That was the real solution to the problem :-)

BR,/PA

Re: gpg-error not detected when compiling libksba: [ In reply to ]
Hi again

I'm currently experiencing the same problem with libgcrypt 1.10.1
I have the same libgpg-error as with libksba and then:

tar -xvf libgcrypt-1.10.1.tar.bz2
cd libgcrypt-1.10.1
./autogen.sh
make

And I get

checking for gpg-error-config... no
checking for gpgrt-config... /usr/local/bin/gpgrt-config
checking for GPG Error - version >= 1.27... no
configure: error: libgpg-error is needed.
See ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/libgpg-error/ .

despite having libgpg-error installed and accessible:

libgcrypt-1.10.1 ? gpgrt-config
Please use --libdir=LIBDIR option or set PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR
Or set PKG_CONFIG_PATH

Thank you for any help...
/PA

Re: gpg-error not detected when compiling libksba: [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez via Gnupg-devel <gnupg-devel@gnupg.org> wrote:

> Hi again
>
> I'm currently experiencing the same problem with libgcrypt 1.10.1
> I have the same libgpg-error as with libksba and then:
>
> tar -xvf libgcrypt-1.10.1.tar.bz2
> cd libgcrypt-1.10.1
> ./autogen.sh
> make
>
> And I get
>
> checking for gpg-error-config... no
> checking for gpgrt-config... /usr/local/bin/gpgrt-config
> checking for GPG Error - version >= 1.27... no
> configure: error: libgpg-error is needed.
> See ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/libgpg-error/ .
>

> despite having libgpg-error installed and accessible:
>
> libgcrypt-1.10.1 ? gpgrt-config
> Please use --libdir=LIBDIR option or set PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR
> Or set PKG_CONFIG_PATH
>
> Thank you for any help...

Try again with

https://dev.gnupg.org/rCbcf5922eaac274f5ace991ecace01e718a9fe964

That fixed the issue in CentOS 8.

HTH,
Clemens

--
Clemens Lang
RHEL Crypto Team

Re: gpg-error not detected when compiling libksba: [ In reply to ]
Could you please provide a patch against libgcrypt-1.10.1. I tried myself,
but without any luck.

Thx a ton.
/PA

Re: gpg-error not detected when compiling libksba: [ In reply to ]
Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez via Gnupg-devel wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Apr 2023 at 10:48, Clemens Lang <cllang@redhat.com> wrote:
>> Try again with
>>
>> https://dev.gnupg.org/rCbcf5922eaac274f5ace991ecace01e718a9fe964
>
> Could you please provide a patch against libgcrypt-1.10.1.
> I tried myself, but without any luck.

There is a trivial conflict in the Last-changed: line of the
two-line patch. I did the following:

$ git switch -c temp libgcrypt-1.10.1

$ git cherry-pick -x c118a8dd
Auto-merging m4/gpg-error.m4
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in m4/gpg-error.m4
error: could not apply c118a8dd... m4: Update gpg-error.m4.
[...]

Edit m4/gpg-error.m4 to remove the conflicting lines:

<<<<<<< HEAD
# Last-changed: 2022-02-15
=======

and

leaving '# Last-changed: 2023-04-01'.

Finish the cherry-pick:

$ git add m4/gpg-error.m4
$ git cherry-pick --continue --no-edit

Generate a patch:

$ git format-patch -1
0001-m4-Update-gpg-error.m4.patch

The result is attached (unless the list software strips it
off), in which case the instructions should make it easy to
recreate. :)

--
Todd