Ferrara Linux Users Group http://flug.unife.it
GnuPG fp:6AB9 277E 9AA7 9D20 E82C 9EE7 2D17 E351 3DCB 0CDC
Old SysOps never die... they simply forget their password.
Re: configure [ In reply to ]
Fabio Coatti <cova@felix.unife.it> writes:

> because the configure script can't detect the right host type. I've
> noticed that happens with several configure scripts, is there
> something changed in configure?

I have updated the config.guess script and I will do this now
even more often: GNU has an CVS with these common files in it.

It runs fine on my P100: i586-pc-linux-gnu

--
Werner Koch at guug.de www.gnupg.org keyid 621CC013
Re: configure [ In reply to ]
On Wed, May 26, 1999 at 10:03:21PM +0200, Gaël Quéri wrote:

> > because the configure script can't detect the right host type. I've
> > noticed that happens with several configure scripts, is there
> > something changed in configure?
>
> Do you have a working 'cc' for i586-pc-linux-gnu in your path? That is
> what config.guess uses to distinguish the libc versions.

THis solved my problems, thanks. Now I've to discover what's happened
to my "cc" symlink :)

--
Fabio Coatti http://felix.unife.it/~cova
Ferrara Linux Users Group http://ferrara.linux.it