(maybe even other stuff ?)
- is there a pgpverify script for inn, so gnupg + idea + rsa can be used ?

andreas
Re: useing gpg [ In reply to ]
Andreas Jellinghaus schrieb am Donnerstag, den 25. Februar 1999:

> sorry for the faq's :

Please correct me, if I'm wrong, I don't know much about gpg...

> after compiling and installing rsa and idea modules:
> - are there advantages of pgp 2.6.x over gnupg with these modules ?

Only PGP 2 is compatible to PGP 2. GPG can decode PGP 2, but the other
way this doesn't work (either signing or encrypting is a problem,
don't ask me, which of the two was).

> is the gnupg with these modules more licence problematic than pgp
> 2.6 ?

I don't think so. Both are problematic...

> - is there a .muttrc fragment to use gnupg for pgp 2.6.x signature
> checking ? (maybe even other stuff ?)

set pgp_default_version=pgp2 # pgp2, pgp5, gpg (default for the following)
set pgp_receive_version=gpg # pgp-version for decrypting and verifying sigs
set pgp_send_version=default # pgp-version for composing messages
set pgp_key_version=default # pgp-version for extracting and sendig keys

This uses PGP2 for everything except checking signatures and
decrypting received messages, where GPG is used.

> - is there a pgpverify script for inn, so gnupg + idea + rsa can be used ?

I didn't see any, but it should be quite easy to change pgpverify in
this way.

Tschoeeee

Roland

--
* roland@spinnaker.rhein.de * http://www.rhein.de/~roland/ *
PGP: 1024/DD08DD6D 2D E7 CC DE D5 8D 78 BE 3C A0 A4 F1 4B 09 CE AF
Re: useing gpg [ In reply to ]
Hi Andreas,

On Thu, 25 Feb 1999, Andreas Jellinghaus wrote:

> - is there a .muttrc fragment to use gnupg for pgp 2.6.x signature checking ?
> (maybe even other stuff ?)
> - is there a pgpverify script for inn, so gnupg + idea + rsa can be used ?

I'm working on an wrapper which takes PGP 2.6 command line options,
translate them and then call gnupg to perform the desired action. With
this wrapper most scripts and tools which are written for PGP 2.6 should
work seamless with gnupg.

The wrapper will released in the next two or three days to the public.
However, I completed a first version of the wrapper last week but I'm
working currently on a second version of the wrapper because with the
first version I found a lot of strange PGP 2.6 command line option
parsing properties.

cu
Michael