Comments?

From,
Matthew M. Copeland
Re: Maunal and Manual Contact ==> Document Format [ In reply to ]
Matthew M Copeland <dyelar@rdl.ml.org> writes:

> Here is what it sounds like might be the best option taken from what
> everyone says. Take the document and write it in sgml, then using
> sgmltools create the other formats and a postscript version, and from
> the postscript version create a pdf version.

I believe sgmltools will generate LaTeX. pdflatex will generate PDF
directly from LaTeX without needing to go through PostScript and the pain
of a distiller. It's still in beta, but it comes with teTeX and I've used
it and been fairly impressed.

--
Russ Allbery (rra@stanford.edu) <URL:http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>
Re: Maunal and Manual Contact ==> Document Format [ In reply to ]
Matthew M. Copeland :

> Comments?

I just started a manual in sgml a few months ago. But because of very
little time in the moment (I have some exams) I'm unable to do too
much with it... This will change around march or so.

cu
Stefan

--
Sie haben den Mauszeiger bewegt. Starten Sie das System neu,
um die Ă„nserung wirksam werden zu lassen...
Re: Maunal and Manual Contact ==> Document Format [ In reply to ]
On 28 Jan 1999, Russ Allbery wrote:

> I believe sgmltools will generate LaTeX. pdflatex will generate PDF
> directly from LaTeX without needing to go through PostScript and the pain
> of a distiller. It's still in beta, but it comes with teTeX and I've used
> it and been fairly impressed.

Oh. This sounds great! It looks like to me, that the SGML stuff will
become better every day. Free software is so amazing... I should check out
the new sgmtools... ;-)

cu
Michael

P.S.: However, I should focus on the work for the future fifo/buffer
implementation for the next major gnupg version and not playing
arround with new tools... ;-)
Re: Maunal and Manual Contact ==> Document Format [ In reply to ]
Hello!

I just started writing something like a 'GPG mini HOWTO' in german using
SGML tools. As the most people don't understand german and it is in an
early alpha stage, don't expect to much content. But it may be a sort of
technical demonstration how SGML Tools answer the question 'What is the
real file format?'.

Anyway, comments are welcome, but remember: the document is not ready
at all, and I've currently no time to do an english version.

MfG
MFvM

Michael Fischer v. Mollard
fischer@math.uni-goettingen.de
Re: Maunal and Manual Contact ==> Document Format [ In reply to ]
Hello!
I'm just a little bit tired, so I forget the URL:
http://www.stud.uni-goettingen.de/~s070674/sgml

Re: Maunal and Manual Contact ==> Document Format [ In reply to ]
Hi Michael,

> Anyway, comments are welcome, but remember: the document is not ready
> at all, and I've currently no time to do an english version.
I was working on an HOWTO myself since this week. So let me translate your
document in English instead of forking into two different HOWTO's! When time
permits I also could do a dutch version.

Cheers,

Brenno.
Re: Maunal and Manual Contact ==> Document Format [ In reply to ]
Yes, well the language factor is going to make life interesting. I
suppose I could start to learn German, or ask one of my many friends, who
can speak/read/write in German, to do a translation. :)

From,
Matthew Copeland