Ferrara Linux Users Group http://flug.unife.it
GnuPG fp:6AB9 277E 9AA7 9D20 E82C 9EE7 2D17 E351 3DCB 0CDC
Old SysOps never die... they simply forget their password.
Re: CNN [ In reply to ]
Fabio Coatti <cova@felix.unife.it> writes:

> to me that is unable to check the signature and then reports a
> fatal: zlib inflate problem, rc=-2

Hmmm, the problem with the system zlib has been reported several times
but I was not able to reproduce this bug. Anyway I recently updated
the included zlib to 1.1.3.

Can you provide me a testcase?
Re: CNN [ In reply to ]
>to me that is unable to check the signature and then reports a
>fatal: zlib inflate problem, rc=-2

I haven't seen the current GGP code, but my own PGP implementation got
-2 on inflate when I upgraded to the current version of zlib.

Jean-Loup Gailly pointed out what my error was (I don't know if this
applies to GPG):

/* windowBits is passed < 0 to tell that there is no zlib header.
* Note that in this case inflate *requires* an extra "dummy" byte
* after the compressed stream in order to complete decompression and
* return Z_STREAM_END.
Re: CNN [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Jan 15, 1999 at 09:40:05PM +0100, Werner Koch wrote:
> Fabio Coatti <cova@felix.unife.it> writes:
>
> > to me that is unable to check the signature and then reports a
> > fatal: zlib inflate problem, rc=-2
>
> Hmmm, the problem with the system zlib has been reported several times
> but I was not able to reproduce this bug. Anyway I recently updated
> the included zlib to 1.1.3.

I'll try to build one. Actually the one I have is a message encrypted
for me and it requires my secret key for exploiting.

I also think that there is a problem with dash-escaping (CVS 13/01/98,
not the latest): If I export an ascii-armored pub key and then I
sign the file (for example, I've exported a key, added some comments
in the same file and then signed the file), gpg can check the
signature but is unable to import the key.

--
Fabio Coatti http://felix.unife.it/~cova
Re: CNN [ In reply to ]
Ulf Möller <ulf@fitug.de> writes:

> Jean-Loup Gailly pointed out what my error was (I don't know if this
> applies to GPG):
>
> /* windowBits is passed < 0 to tell that there is no zlib header.
> * Note that in this case inflate *requires* an extra "dummy" byte
> * after the compressed stream in order to complete decompression and
> * return Z_STREAM_END.

Ahh great; it's not mentioned in the changelog but anyway it is an
undocumented feature.

I'll give it a try.

Werner