If you have any suggestions what I should consider when designing the
API, please mail me privately.

Werner
libgcrypt [ In reply to ]
Hi,

today I started to work on the GNU cryptographic library.
Because nearly everything needed is already in GnuPG, the library
will be distributed along with GnuPG.

The name of the library will be "libgcrypt", the header is named
"crypt.h" and all identifiers are prefixed with "gcry" or "GCRY".

The library should provide:

- cryptographic hash functions
- symmetric cipher functions
- asymmetric cipher functions
- random generation
- multi precision integer functions
- a mechanism to register new algorithms
- a couple of utility function
- support for glibc's custom streams
- high level functions for MACing, signatures, etc.

Re: libgcrypt [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Dec 04, 1998 at 07:08:59PM +0100, Werner Koch wrote:

> The name of the library will be "libgcrypt", the header is named
> "crypt.h" and all identifiers are prefixed with "gcry" or "GCRY".

Shouldn't that be gcrypt.h

Steve

--
NetTek Ltd tel +44-171 483 1169 fax +44-181 444 6103
Flat 2, 43 Howitt Road, Belsize Park, London NW3 4LU
Re: libgcrypt [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Dec 04, 1998 at 07:08:59PM +0100, Werner Koch wrote:
> The name of the library will be "libgcrypt", the header is named
> "crypt.h" and all identifiers are prefixed with "gcry" or "GCRY".

Wouldn't "gcrypt.h" be a better name for the header file?

Regards,
Lipo

--
Roland E. Lipovits
Vienna, Austria
Re: libgcrypt [ In reply to ]
Steve Kennedy <steve@gbnet.net> writes:

> On Fri, Dec 04, 1998 at 07:08:59PM +0100, Werner Koch wrote:
>
> > The name of the library will be "libgcrypt", the header is named
> > "crypt.h" and all identifiers are prefixed with "gcry" or "GCRY".
>
> Shouldn't that be gcrypt.h

Sure. Message = kbd | coffee | cookies;

I should get a new keyboard or remove all caps and really clean it :-)

Werner
Re: libgcrypt [ In reply to ]
On 98.12.04 Werner Koch pressed the following keys:

> Hi,
>
> today I started to work on the GNU cryptographic library.
> Because nearly everything needed is already in GnuPG, the library
> will be distributed along with GnuPG.

Would you consider forwarding this announcement to comp.os.linux.announces?

Reptile

--
------------------<Gadzinka>--<http://reptile.eu.org/>--<Cyber Service>--
--[.And I thank you for bringing me here, for showing me home,]-----------
Re: libgcrypt [ In reply to ]
Robert Richard George 'reptile' Wal <reptile@reptile.eu.org> writes:

> Would you consider forwarding this announcement to comp.os.linux.announces?

Feel free to do so - I do not read News.

Werner