Mailing List Archive

IDEA/RSA extensions ... GPG --> PGP 2.6.3i
Hi everyone,

has someone been able to create an option-file for GnuPG which is
capable of encrypting and signing a message for PGP 2.6.3i ? I have
the RSA and the IDEA extension but I was not able to (neither manually
nor over the option-file...) make an encrypted and signed message that
is understood by PGP 2.6.3i ...

When just using --rfc-1991 and my RSA-Key GPG uses Blowfish for
encryption so PGP wont be able to decrypt it. When using --cipher-algo
idea PGP states that the cyphertext is corrupted...

I have the following options set in the options-file:

load-extension /usr/local/lib/gnupg/rsa
load-extension /usr/local/lib/gnupg/idea
no-comment
compress-algo 0
rfc1991
cipher-algo idea

Wouldn't it be a good idea to have default signing and encryption
algorithem-combinations to set up ? Just alike, if using RSA then use
IDEA and if using ElGamal then use Blowfish, or something like that ?

cu
Stefan

BTW: just signing a message works perfectly for PGP 2.6.3i ...
Re: IDEA/RSA extensions ... GPG --> PGP 2.6.3i [ In reply to ]
Stefan Fendt <stefan@lionfish.ping.de> writes:

> BTW: just signing a message works perfectly for PGP 2.6.3i ...

It is not possible to sign and encrypt a message in way that pgp2
understands this. PGP2 needs the signature followed by the signed
material when you do not use clear text signatures. GnuPG cannot
handle this (because it works as a filter).

This is one reason for a pgp 2 wrapper program.

Sorry.

Werner