Ferrara Linux Users Group http://flug.unife.it
GnuPG fp:6AB9 277E 9AA7 9D20 E82C 9EE7 2D17 E351 3DCB 0CDC
Old SysOps never die... they simply forget their password.
Re: gpg rpms [ In reply to ]
Fabio Coatti <cova@felix.unife.it> writes:

> I've uploaded to
> ftp://felix.unife.it/pub/RPMS

I'll add a note to the web page.

> I've also built rpm for modules (idea,rsa,skipjack) but I don't know if
> it's possible to put it on a ftp server. Is there any problem with these
> algos (copyright, etc..)

IDEA is patented nearly worldwide, so PLEASE don't use it.

RSA is okay for non-US users.

Don't use skipjack: It is weak (probably not as weak as 56bit DES)
and I only made this module to see how much time it took to make
another cipher module ;-)

> If needed, I can post MD5 result for gnupg rpms.

It is better to sign the rpms with your key and get enough
certificates of others for your key.

Werner
Re: gpg rpms [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Nov 10, 1998 at 10:24:20AM +0100, Werner Koch wrote:
> Fabio Coatti <cova@felix.unife.it> writes:
>
> > I've uploaded to
> > ftp://felix.unife.it/pub/RPMS
>
> I'll add a note to the web page.
>
> > I've also built rpm for modules (idea,rsa,skipjack) but I don't know if
> > it's possible to put it on a ftp server. Is there any problem with these
> > algos (copyright, etc..)
>
> IDEA is patented nearly worldwide, so PLEASE don't use it.
>
> RSA is okay for non-US users.
>
> Don't use skipjack: It is weak (probably not as weak as 56bit DES)
> and I only made this module to see how much time it took to make
> another cipher module ;-)

Ok, so it's better do not put it on ftp site, huh?

I've built the modules for old gpg keys, my actual key is a defult gpg key..

> > If needed, I can post MD5 result for gnupg rpms.
>
> It is better to sign the rpms with your key and get enough
> certificates of others for your key.

well, I've already sent my key to gnupg-keys, I've only to find someone for
signing :-)

--
Fabio Coatti http://felix.unife.it/~cova