DSS/Usenet Administrator NASA Ames Research Center
Internet Sysop Mountain View, CA
<rone@nas.nasa.gov> x42771
Re: GPG 0.3.5 on FreeBSD 2.2.7-stable fails [ In reply to ]
Ron Echeverri <rone@B1FF.nas.nasa.gov> writes:

> I can't find SHM_LOCK anywhere... am i missing something?

According to Steven's "Advanced programming in the Unix Environment"
this is a valid option - did I miss a header file?

Werner
Re: GPG 0.3.5 on FreeBSD 2.2.7-stable fails [ In reply to ]
Werner Koch writes:
Ron Echeverri <rone@B1FF.nas.nasa.gov> writes:
> I can't find SHM_LOCK anywhere... am i missing something?
According to Steven's "Advanced programming in the Unix Environment"
this is a valid option - did I miss a header file?

On nearby SunOS 5.5 and IRIX 5.3 boxes, /usr/include/sys/shm.h contains

#define SHM_LOCK 3 /* Lock segment in core */
#define SHM_UNLOCK 4 /* Unlock segment */

I can't find it in any header files in FreeBSD, though....

Hmmm, in /usr/src/sys/i386/linux/linux.h:

#define LINUX_SHM_LOCK 11
#define LINUX_SHM_UNLOCK 12

This looks like it's part of the Linux compatibility stuff for
FreeBSD, but apparently not part of the FreeBSD include files
themselves.

rone
--
Ron Echeverri Numerical Aerodynamic Simulation Facility