Interesting? Then take a look at my page on the topic (and the patches):
http://berger1.informatik.fh-muenchen.de:8000/software/exmh/

-- Markus
Re: Exmh+GnuPG [ In reply to ]
Paul Ashton <paul@argo.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> I was a bit confused in that 2.6.3 pgp didn't work any more.
> Previously I was using the old-pgp->pgp-decrypt menu but that seems to
> have disappeared in 2.0.2 (I was previously using 2.0zeta).
It was my patch, which removed it. Original exmh-2.0.2 comes with the old
PGP...
You're the second person, who asks me about where the old PGP.. menu
disappeared.
I thought, it doesn't offer any things, that the "newer" PGP support doesn't.
I tested it out. I was wrong. People may want the behaviour of the old PGP...
further on including the decryption
and *storing decrypted*. With the "newer" implementation you need to decrypt
encryted messages every time
you look at them.

I made few changes to the PGP5 and GPG patches:
I reincluded the old PGP... menu slightly changed. It should behave as in
original exmh-2.0.2. It doesn't support
either PGP5 or GPG. If you want to update old PGP... to the new versions, take
a look into app-defaults and pgp.tcl at procs Pgp_View and Pgp_Decrypt, which
are called from the menu. I didn't update them to multiversion, because I
think there are buttons and menus enough.

> After
> installing your patch pgp decryptions fail with horrible errors. Part
> of it I tracked down to a missing version=pgp parameter to
> Misc_GetPass in PgpDecryptExpect. However, even after that, the expect
> could not possibly have ever worked.
You're right.
> In the end I hacked it a bit to
> edit:

> -re {Key for user ID: ([^>]*>)} {
> set timeout 30
> set badpass 0
> set encrypted 1
> GetPassword $expect_out(1,string)

> and remove the first expect clause for Enter pass phrase: which uses
> $expect_out(1,string) when there is no regexp?!

Ugh, sounds horrible.
Hm, the expectk parts of the PGP support never worked for me. I don't know
why, but I didn't get them running.
I left the PgpDecryptExpect script untouched at all. I looked at it, but I
didn't recognize, that Misc_GetPass is called without version parameter. With
pgp as parameter, things should work as before.
The new patches I've made, should work with pgp2.6 as the original support did.

BTW Don't forget to enable debug logging in Preferences with the patches
applied.

> It's a start, but I just don't understand how it ever worked. What do
> you do with 2.6.3 messages??
I never used the expectk stuff. The DecryptExpect stuff should have caused the
problems, you reported.
People reported me, that the PGP2-PGP5 double version patch works fine for
them (they obviously never used expect).

I have all three supported versions installed at home: PGP2.6.3i, PGP5.0i and
GnuPG 0.3.4. I use my three version patch. I hadn't the chance to test GnuPG
support very much, because there aren't much people who use it,
but PGP2.6 and PGP5.0 work fine for me, no problems.

Few things aren't supported by exmh-GnuPG:
-- Keyservers (use key attachement!)
Hm, there aren't GnuPG keyservers yet, are?
-- DSA/ELG keys, because there is a problem in specifying the keyid, when
encrypting(/signing).

I get a fault, when specifying the DSA id with -r.
I've got a DSA/ELG pubkey (pair):
pub 1024D/DE5E7FB2 1998-08-18 Markus Gruber (DSA/ELG)
<markus.gruber@ilo.baynet.de>
sub 2048g/89D46141 1998-08-18

GPG doesn't accept the DSA keyid specified, when encrypting/signing (like exmh
does)...

markus@poro:/opt/home/markus > gpg -east -r 0xDE5E7FB2 testfile
gpg (GNUPG) 0.3.4; Copyright (C) 1998 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
under certain conditions. See the file COPYING for details.

gpg: Warning: using insecure memory!

You need a passphrase to unlock the secret key for
user: "Markus Gruber (DSA/ELG) <markus.gruber@ilo.baynet.de>"
(1024-bit DSA key, ID DE5E7FB2, created 1998-08-18)

gpg: 0xDE5E7FB2: skipped: Unusable pubkey algorithm
gpg: testfile: sign+encrypt failed: Unusable pubkey algorithm
but accepts....

markus@poro:/opt/home/markus > gpg -east -r 0x89D46141 testfile
gpg (GNUPG) 0.3.4; Copyright (C) 1998 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
under certain conditions. See the file COPYING for details.

gpg: Warning: using insecure memory!

You need a passphrase to unlock the secret key for
user: "Markus Gruber (DSA/ELG) <markus.gruber@ilo.baynet.de>"
(1024-bit DSA key, ID DE5E7FB2, created 1998-08-18)

Werner Koch is in vacation for three weeks. I cannot ask him.

ELG and ELG-v3 keys work fine with exmh.

If you want to retry:
Reload the patches, they contain the fixes I described and few minor ones.
Don't forget to uninstall the "old" one(s) before installing the updated patch.

Hoping you've more fun now,

-- Markus Gruber
PGP2 - RSA: D6 53 5E DC E7 2A FE 75 F6 47 E5 FC 12 43 D9 BB
PGP5 - DSS: 08B1 44CF 35A1 F546 25CE 2C3C F72B 19EA F82D 38E0
- D-H: 4E02 8D24 A72C 87FA E6F4 CA77 5591 339F CC7B 21D5
GPG - ELG: FCDC 6051 020B D49D 0B46 E997 B2FA 8967 349A 5402
Re: Exmh+GnuPG [ In reply to ]
Markus Gruber <Markus.Gruber@ilo.baynet.de> writes:

> GPG doesn't accept the DSA keyid specified, when encrypting/signing (like exmh
> does)...

I'll put it on my list.

Werner