Mailing List Archive

High CPU usage on SPARC
Hi,
I'm having troubles with high CPU usage in Gentoo on a Sun (E220R)
UltraSparc II 450 MHz 1 GB Ram when we are running multiples MRTG instances
to monitor our backbone bandwidth, the load average is growing up
continously from 10.0 to higher values (>60.0) causing the server stop
responding. Each MRTG instances uses around 4 % to 11 % of CPU according the
top command. This Server has been configured using portage and nothing
compiled manually.
This is a new installation and the same setup was working in an old Compaq
Dual Pentium Pro 200 MHz running RedHat 6.2 and CPU average was between 4.0
to 11.0 and each MRTG instance used 3 % of CPU.
Any clue?,
thanks