a single startup:

Missing kernel or user mode driver snd-intel8x0
Can't load module i810_audio

I have an nforce board, so I have Nvidia drivers. So I don't believe
that I need this stuff. Also, I may have emerged the 2.6 version kernel
(did not compile it yet), but still am on 2.4.x version of kernel.

Any ideas, on how to remedy this?

Andrew

Re: missing kernel or user mode driver [ In reply to ]
Actually the snd-intel8x0 module is also the sound driver used for the onboard
sound on nForce based boards.

My recommendation?

cd /usr/src
ls -l
make sure that the 'linux' symlink is pointing to the kernel sources that you
want to compile a kernel for.
make menuconfig
make && make modules_install
emacs /etc/modules.autoload.d/kernel-2.4 or kernel-2.6 depending on kernel you
use. list your modules in this file. save and exit.
modules-update
move/copy your compiled kernel to /boot edit lilo/grub config appropriately.