packages But it's not the case

Any Suggestions please

IcEonFirE

Re: Aisle Riot Game [ In reply to ]
Chiheb Djabri wrote:
> Hi
>
> I was looking for Aisle Riot Game; I thought finding it in Gnome-games
> packages But it's not the case
>
> Any Suggestions please
>
> IcEonFirE

Yes, it is in gnome-games.

The executable, however, is called 'sol'. Is that why you can't find it?

Holly

Re: Aisle Riot Game [ In reply to ]
Hi

I used the executable 'sol' from Run Command but it did not work...

Re: Aisle Riot Game [ In reply to ]
Chiheb Djabri wrote:
> Hi
>
> I used the executable 'sol' from Run Command but it did not work...
>

> On Thu, 2004-10-28 at 22:27, Holly Bostick wrote:
>
>>Chiheb Djabri wrote:
>>
>>>Hi
>>>
>>>I was looking for Aisle Riot Game; I thought finding it in Gnome-games
>>>packages But it's not the case
>>>
>>>Any Suggestions please
>>>
>>>IcEonFirE
>>>

>>Yes, it is in gnome-games.
>>
>>The executable, however, is called 'sol'. Is that why you can't find it?
>>

>>Holly

Please run 'sol' from a terminal and post the error that is returned.

Holly

Re: Aisle Riot Game [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 2004-10-29 at 07:47, Holly Bostick wrote:
> Chiheb Djabri wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I used the executable 'sol' from Run Command but it did not work...

> >>Yes, it is in gnome-games.
> >>
> >>The executable, however, is called 'sol'. Is that why you can't find it?
> >>

> >>Holly
>
> Please run 'sol' from a terminal and post the error that is returned.
>
> Holly

Hi

I did as you asked me and this is what is reterned
-bash: sol: command not found

IcEonFirE

Re: Aisle Riot Game [ In reply to ]
Chiheb Djabri wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-10-29 at 07:47, Holly Bostick wrote:
>
>>Chiheb Djabri wrote:
>>
>>>Hi
>>>
>>>I used the executable 'sol' from Run Command but it did not work...
>>>

>>>On Thu, 2004-10-28 at 22:27, Holly Bostick wrote:

<snip>

>>Please run 'sol' from a terminal and post the error that is returned.
>>
>>Holly
>>
>>--
>>

> Hi
>
> I did as you asked me and this is what is reterned
> -bash: sol: command not found
>
> IcEonFirE

I don't know what to tell you. AisleRiot is part of the gnome-games
package, and looking at it on my system, there are no weird ownership
issues (i.e., the user does not need to be a member of the games group
to run it, for example).

1) are you sure gnome-games is actually installed? Did you receive any
errors during the emerge?

2) Are any of the other games (gnotski, blackjack, nibbles) present in
the menu? Are they present in /usr/bin?

Holly

Re: Aisle Riot Game [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 21:44:29 +0200, Holly Bostick <motub@planet.nl> wrote:
> I don't know what to tell you. AisleRiot is part of the gnome-games
> package, and looking at it on my system, there are no weird ownership
> issues (i.e., the user does not need to be a member of the games group
> to run it, for example).
>
> 1) are you sure gnome-games is actually installed? Did you receive any
> errors during the emerge?
>
> 2) Are any of the other games (gnotski, blackjack, nibbles) present in
> the menu? Are they present in /usr/bin?

which version of gnome-games do you have installed?

here's what i get from qpkg -l gnome-games for version 2.6.2 (only
including listings from /usr/bin):
/usr/bin/blackjack
/usr/bin/gataxx
/usr/bin/glines
/usr/bin/gnect
/usr/bin/gnibbles
/usr/bin/gnobots2
/usr/bin/gnome-stones
/usr/bin/gnometris
/usr/bin/gnomine
/usr/bin/gnotravex
/usr/bin/gnotski
/usr/bin/gtali
/usr/bin/iagno
/usr/bin/mahjongg
/usr/bin/same-gnome

--
trey

Re: Aisle Riot Game [ In reply to ]
Trey Gruel wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 21:44:29 +0200, Holly Bostick <motub@planet.nl> wrote:
>
>>I don't know what to tell you. AisleRiot is part of the gnome-games
>>package, and looking at it on my system, there are no weird ownership
>>issues (i.e., the user does not need to be a member of the games group
>>to run it, for example).
>>
>>1) are you sure gnome-games is actually installed? Did you receive any
>>errors during the emerge?
>>
>>2) Are any of the other games (gnotski, blackjack, nibbles) present in
>>the menu? Are they present in /usr/bin?
>

> which version of gnome-games do you have installed?
>
> here's what i get from qpkg -l gnome-games for version 2.6.2 (only
> including listings from /usr/bin):
> /usr/bin/blackjack
> /usr/bin/gataxx
> /usr/bin/glines
> /usr/bin/gnect
> /usr/bin/gnibbles
> /usr/bin/gnobots2
> /usr/bin/gnome-stones
> /usr/bin/gnometris
> /usr/bin/gnomine
> /usr/bin/gnotravex
> /usr/bin/gnotski
> /usr/bin/gtali
> /usr/bin/iagno
> /usr/bin/mahjongg
> /usr/bin/same-gnome

I don't know what to tell you, because I have just downloaded
gnome-games-2.6.2.tar.gz from gnome.org, and inside the tarball, the
first folder is aisleriot.

It is supposed to be there, and I don't know why you two don't have it.
I have never seen this problem, nor had it, and I've been using GNOME
since 2.4 (or possibly 2.2, I don't quite remember what Mandrake 9.0 had
available).

Holly

Re: Aisle Riot Game [ In reply to ]
Hi,

On Fri, 2004-10-29 at 15:07 -0400, Chiheb Djabri wrote:
> I did as you asked me and this is what is reterned
> -bash: sol: command not found

AisleRiot depends on guile. Make sure you have the guile use flag enable
for gnome-games.

Add

gnome-extra/gnome-games guile

to /etc/portage/package.use and recompile gnome-games.

--
so long,
oliver

GPGkey: http://www.core-dump.info/olemke-public.asc
Re: Aisle Riot Game [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 2004-10-29 at 15:44, Holly Bostick wrote:
> Chiheb Djabri wrote:

> <snip>

> >>Please run 'sol' from a terminal and post the error that is returned.
> >>
> >>Holly
> >>
> >>--
> >>

> > Hi
> >
> > I did as you asked me and this is what is reterned
> > -bash: sol: command not found
> >
> > IcEonFirE
> >

> I don't know what to tell you. AisleRiot is part of the gnome-games
> package, and looking at it on my system, there are no weird ownership
> issues (i.e., the user does not need to be a member of the games group
> to run it, for example).
>
> 1) are you sure gnome-games is actually installed? Did you receive any
> errors during the emerge?
>
> 2) Are any of the other games (gnotski, blackjack, nibbles) present in
> the menu? Are they present in /usr/bin?
>
> Holly

Hi

In games menu I have Ataxx, BlackJack,4-in a
row,Gnometris,Iagno,glotski,Line,Mahjongg,Mines,Nibbles,Robots,Same
Gnome,Stone,Tali,Tetravex ( I am sorry for the long enumeration!)
I don't remember if I received a message during emergin gnome games

IcEonFirE

Re: Aisle Riot Game [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 2004-10-29 at 17:51, Oliver Lemke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 2004-10-29 at 15:07 -0400, Chiheb Djabri wrote:
> > I did as you asked me and this is what is reterned
> > -bash: sol: command not found
>
> AisleRiot depends on guile. Make sure you have the guile use flag enable
> for gnome-games.
>
> Add
>
> gnome-extra/gnome-games guile
>
> to /etc/portage/package.use and recompile gnome-games.
Hi

1 st, I would like to thanks you for replyin. The things is I haven't
the file package.use. In Fact, I have only an empty directory called
sets included in /etc/portage. Is this Normal?

Thanks

IcEonFirE

Re: Aisle Riot Game [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 2004-10-29 at 18:21 -0400, Chiheb Djabri wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-10-29 at 17:51, Oliver Lemke wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Fri, 2004-10-29 at 15:07 -0400, Chiheb Djabri wrote:
> > > I did as you asked me and this is what is reterned
> > > -bash: sol: command not found
> >
> > AisleRiot depends on guile. Make sure you have the guile use flag enable
> > for gnome-games.
> >
> > Add
> >
> > gnome-extra/gnome-games guile
> >
> > to /etc/portage/package.use and recompile gnome-games.
> Hi
>
> 1 st, I would like to thanks you for replyin.

You're welcome.

> The things is I haven't
> the file package.use. In Fact, I have only an empty directory called
> sets included in /etc/portage. Is this Normal?

Yes, that's fine. Just create a new file and add the line mentioned
above.

Re: Aisle Riot Game [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 23:51:24 +0200, Oliver Lemke <olemke@core-dump.info> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 2004-10-29 at 15:07 -0400, Chiheb Djabri wrote:
> > I did as you asked me and this is what is reterned
> > -bash: sol: command not found
>
> AisleRiot depends on guile. Make sure you have the guile use flag enable
> for gnome-games.
>
> Add
>
> gnome-extra/gnome-games guile
>
> to /etc/portage/package.use and recompile gnome-games.

thanks much. i looked at the ebuild when i noticed aisleriot was
missing, but there was no indication what using guile actually did.

--
trey

Re: Aisle Riot Game [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 18:21:46 -0400, Chiheb Djabri
<shadowman00x@videotron.ca> wrote:
> 1 st, I would like to thanks you for replyin. The things is I haven't
> the file package.use. In Fact, I have only an empty directory called
> sets included in /etc/portage. Is this Normal?

the files in /etc/portage don't exist by default. just use your
favorite text editor to create a file called package.use and add the
line described.

--
trey

Re: Aisle Riot Game [ In reply to ]
Chiheb Djabri wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-10-29 at 17:51, Oliver Lemke wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>On Fri, 2004-10-29 at 15:07 -0400, Chiheb Djabri wrote:
>>
>>>I did as you asked me and this is what is reterned
>>>-bash: sol: command not found
>>
>>AisleRiot depends on guile. Make sure you have the guile use flag enable
>>for gnome-games.
>>
>>Add
>>
>>gnome-extra/gnome-games guile
>>
>>to /etc/portage/package.use and recompile gnome-games.
>
> Hi
>
> 1 st, I would like to thanks you for replyin. The things is I haven't
> the file package.use. In Fact, I have only an empty directory called
> sets included in /etc/portage. Is this Normal?
>
> Thanks
>
> IcEonFirE

I don't know what that "sets" directory is, but yes, it is normal to
have no files in /etc/portage if you haven't used any.

Just create the file in a text editor, copy and paste the line Oliver
gave you (and save it as package.use in /etc/portage, or you can also
use the following command -- as root: echo 'gnome-extra/gnome-games
guile' >>/etc/portage/package.use to both create the file and the
setting simultaneously, for a third alternative, you could add guile to
your USE flags in /etc/make.conf), as he is probably right that guile is
the problem.

I myself just solved a problem where gnone-games emerged fully (sol was
present), but sol itself did not work (all the other games did).

Re-emerging guile was there the solution, so it might well be here, as
well. Though sol not building at all seems like it should be an
emerge-stopper, imo.

I'm really starting to think there should be some kind of bug report
submitted concerning these problems with AisleRiot and guile, but I have
no idea what to say.

Holly

Re: Aisle Riot Game [ In reply to ]
I had been missing aisle riot, and hoping to get it working. I had gnome-games
and had played a number of them from time to time, but no aisle riot.

Then, for other reasons, I had to emerge guile a couple of days ago. Also,
in the midst of discussions about USE flags, I added a few (including 'guile'),
and did a 'emerge -aDvu --newuse world', which recompiled gnome-games.
Now I have aisle riot. One of these things must have changed aisle riot from
not being included to being there.

Try some stuff like that....

++ kevin

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 00:32:56 +0200, Holly Bostick <motub@planet.nl> wrote:
> Chiheb Djabri wrote:
>

> > On Fri, 2004-10-29 at 17:51, Oliver Lemke wrote:
> >
> >>Hi,

> >>AisleRiot depends on guile. Make sure you have the guile use flag enable
> >>for gnome-games.
> >>
> >>Add
> >>
> >>gnome-extra/gnome-games guile
> >>
> >>to /etc/portage/package.use and recompile gnome-games.
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > 1 st, I would like to thanks you for replyin. The things is I haven't
> > the file package.use. In Fact, I have only an empty directory called
> > sets included in /etc/portage. Is this Normal?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > IcEonFirE
> >
> I don't know what that "sets" directory is, but yes, it is normal to
> have no files in /etc/portage if you haven't used any.
>
> Just create the file in a text editor, copy and paste the line Oliver
> gave you (and save it as package.use in /etc/portage, or you can also
> use the following command -- as root: echo 'gnome-extra/gnome-games
> guile' >>/etc/portage/package.use to both create the file and the
> setting simultaneously, for a third alternative, you could add guile to
> your USE flags in /etc/make.conf), as he is probably right that guile is
> the problem.
>
> I myself just solved a problem where gnone-games emerged fully (sol was
> present), but sol itself did not work (all the other games did).
>
> Re-emerging guile was there the solution, so it might well be here, as
> well. Though sol not building at all seems like it should be an
> emerge-stopper, imo.
>
> I'm really starting to think there should be some kind of bug report
> submitted concerning these problems with AisleRiot and guile, but I have
> no idea what to say.
>
> Holly

Kevin O'Gorman, PhD