!!! Depgraph creation failed.

Clues as to how to resolve this greatly appreciated.

-jonathan

Re: muine emerge error [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 20:19:20 +0100, Jonathan Hudson
<jh+gentoo@daria.co.uk> wrote:
> ~86.
>
> emerge sync
> emerge -puD world
>
> results in:
>
> emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy ">=x11-libs/gtk-sharp-0.98".
>
> !!! Problem with ebuild media-sound/muine-0.6.3
> !!! Possibly a DEPEND/*DEPEND problem.
>
> !!! Depgraph creation failed.
>
> Clues as to how to resolve this greatly appreciated.
>
> -jonathan

gtk-sharp has been moved to dev-dotnet I do believe.

kb3

Re: muine emerge error [ In reply to ]
> gtk-sharp has been moved to dev-dotnet I do believe.
>
> kb3

Sorry that wasnt very clear, meaning the ebuild for muine probably
needs to have the dependency changed to dev-dotnet/gtk-sharp instead
of x11-misc/gtk-sharp

Re: muine emerge error [ In reply to ]
Knowles Burrell wrote:
>>gtk-sharp has been moved to dev-dotnet I do believe.

> Sorry that wasnt very clear, meaning the ebuild for muine probably
> needs to have the dependency changed to dev-dotnet/gtk-sharp instead
> of x11-misc/gtk-sharp

The muine ebuild *already* says:

RDEPEND=">=dev-dotnet/mono-0.96
>=dev-dotnet/gtk-sharp-0.98

This is what's really fooled me! So I'm still stuck.

-jonathan

Re: muine emerge error [ In reply to ]
On Thursday 28 October 2004 02:19 pm, Jonathan Hudson wrote:
> emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy ">=x11-libs/gtk-sharp-0.98".
>

> !!! Problem with ebuild media-sound/muine-0.6.3
> !!! Possibly a DEPEND/*DEPEND problem.
>
> !!! Depgraph creation failed.

Interesting:

fileserv root # emerge -Duva world

Calculating world dependencies y
emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy ">=sys-devel/gcc-4.3".

!!! Problem with ebuild sys-apps/man-pages-1.67
!!! Possibly a DEPEND/*DEPEND problem.

!!! Depgraph creation failed.

I was testing the new .51 on this server.. I use mysql for the cache stuff and
thought it had something to do with it and downgraded.. Maybe not..

Of course, I have no idea if they are related..

Jeff
Re: muine emerge error [ In reply to ]
Jonathan Hudson wrote:
> ~86.
>
> emerge sync
> emerge -puD world
>
> results in:
>
> emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy ">=x11-libs/gtk-sharp-0.98".
>

> !!! Problem with ebuild media-sound/muine-0.6.3
> !!! Possibly a DEPEND/*DEPEND problem.
>
> !!! Depgraph creation failed.
>
> Clues as to how to resolve this greatly appreciated.
>
> -jonathan

If you look at the online package database, you will see that
gtk-sharp-0.98 is soft masked (~arch). You will also see that it has
been moved from the x11-libs category to dev-dotnet.

What I would suggest is one of the following:

1) edit the muine ebuild to look for gtk-sharp in dev-dotnet rather than
x11-libs (you'll probably have to do this anyway), and emerge it from
PORDIR_OVERLAY instead of Portage's main directory;

2) unmerge any currently existing gtk-sharp and re-merge gtk-sharp from
the new category (so it's already installed, and maybe the muine ebuild
won't go looking for it);

3) don't forget to unmask gtk-sharp in /etc/portage/package.keywords (or
adjust your entry if it is already there)

HTH,

Holly

Re: muine emerge error [ In reply to ]
Holly Bostick wrote:
> Jonathan Hudson wrote:
>

>> emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy ">=x11-libs/gtk-sharp-0.98".
>>

>> !!! Problem with ebuild media-sound/muine-0.6.3
>> !!! Possibly a DEPEND/*DEPEND problem.
>>
>> !!! Depgraph creation failed.
>>
>> Clues as to how to resolve this greatly appreciated.
>>
>> -jonathan
>>

> What I would suggest is one of the following:
>
> 1) edit the muine ebuild to look for gtk-sharp in dev-dotnet rather than
> x11-libs (you'll probably have to do this anyway), and emerge it from
> PORDIR_OVERLAY instead of Portage's main directory;
>
> 2) unmerge any currently existing gtk-sharp and re-merge gtk-sharp from
> the new category (so it's already installed, and maybe the muine ebuild
> won't go looking for it);
>
> 3) don't forget to unmask gtk-sharp in /etc/portage/package.keywords (or
> adjust your entry if it is already there)

Thanks Holly for enough clues to find out how to fix this.

I unemerged gtk-sharp, on remerging it asked if I wanted the dev-dotnet
or x11-libs version. This twigged a memory of a long forgotten and
unwanted PORTDIR_OVERLAY. Removing that fixed up everying.

-jonathan

Re: Re: muine emerge error [ In reply to ]
Jonathan Hudson wrote:
> Holly Bostick wrote:
>
>> Jonathan Hudson wrote:
>>

>>> emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy ">=x11-libs/gtk-sharp-0.98".
>>>

>>> !!! Problem with ebuild media-sound/muine-0.6.3
>>> !!! Possibly a DEPEND/*DEPEND problem.
>>>
>>> !!! Depgraph creation failed.
>>>
>>> Clues as to how to resolve this greatly appreciated.
>>>
>>> -jonathan
>>>

>> What I would suggest is one of the following:
>>
>> 1) edit the muine ebuild to look for gtk-sharp in dev-dotnet rather
>> than x11-libs (you'll probably have to do this anyway), and emerge it
>> from PORDIR_OVERLAY instead of Portage's main directory;
>>
>> 2) unmerge any currently existing gtk-sharp and re-merge gtk-sharp
>> from the new category (so it's already installed, and maybe the muine
>> ebuild won't go looking for it);
>>
>> 3) don't forget to unmask gtk-sharp in /etc/portage/package.keywords
>> (or adjust your entry if it is already there)
>

> Thanks Holly for enough clues to find out how to fix this.
>
> I unemerged gtk-sharp, on remerging it asked if I wanted the dev-dotnet
> or x11-libs version. This twigged a memory of a long forgotten and
> unwanted PORTDIR_OVERLAY. Removing that fixed up everying.
>
> -jonathan

Yay, me! ;-). You're very welcome, glad I could help.

Holly

Re: muine emerge error [ In reply to ]
On 14:56 Thu 28 Oct , Jeff Smelser wrote:
> On Thursday 28 October 2004 02:19 pm, Jonathan Hudson wrote:
> > emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy ">=x11-libs/gtk-sharp-0.98".
> >

> > !!! Problem with ebuild media-sound/muine-0.6.3
> > !!! Possibly a DEPEND/*DEPEND problem.
> >
> > !!! Depgraph creation failed.
>
> Interesting:
>
> fileserv root # emerge -Duva world
>
> These are the packages that I would merge, in order:
>
> Calculating world dependencies y
> emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy ">=sys-devel/gcc-4.3".

You might have just typed it wrong, but the latest gcc is 3.4, not 4.3.

Bill

Re: muine emerge error [ In reply to ]
On Thursday 28 October 2004 06:00 pm, Bill Davidson wrote:
> > These are the packages that I would merge, in order:
> >
> > Calculating world dependencies y
> > emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy ">=sys-devel/gcc-4.3".
>
> You might have just typed it wrong, but the latest gcc is 3.4, not 4.3.

I did a emerge -Duva world.. There is nothing to type wrong.. ;)

I think mine is a mysql issue actually.

Jeff
Re: muine emerge error [ In reply to ]
On Friday 29 October 2004 17:13, Jeff Smelser wrote:
> On Thursday 28 October 2004 06:00 pm, Bill Davidson wrote:
> > > These are the packages that I would merge, in order:
> > >
> > > Calculating world dependencies y
> > > emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy ">=sys-devel/gcc-4.3".
> >
> > You might have just typed it wrong, but the latest gcc is 3.4, not
> > 4.3.
>
> I did a emerge -Duva world.. There is nothing to type wrong.. ;)

Neither in /etc/portage ?

> I think mine is a mysql issue actually.
>
> Jeff

Ciao
Francesco

--
Linux Version 2.6.10-rc1, Compiled #1 Tue Oct 26 07:34:10 CEST 2004
One 1.53GHz AMD Athlon XP Processor, 1.5GB RAM, 3022.84 Bogomips Total

Re: Re: muine emerge error [ In reply to ]
On Friday 29 October 2004 11:08 am, Francesco Talamona wrote:

> Neither in /etc/portage ?

Nope. I dont play around with gcc.. I use x86 for my fileserv.

Jeff
Re: muine emerge error [ In reply to ]
On Friday 29 October 2004 02:26 pm, Bill Davidson wrote:

> I meant when you posted to the list, if you didn't copy and paste. There's
> something really wrong if emerge wants to install >=gcc-4.3.

Oh, thats a copy and paste.. Like I said there is a bug in the cache using
mysql.. Thats what I am thinking anyway.

Jeff
Re: muine emerge error [ In reply to ]