regularly?
Thanks!
Ian
Re: Boot Screen [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 2004-10-28 at 11:57, Ian K wrote:
> Hey everyone,
> on an older version of the Gentoo Live cd,
> 2003.xx I believe..
> You could see a nice progressbar load Gentoo,
> instead of the verbose stuff. How do I get that

splash=silent

Re: Boot Screen [ In reply to ]
Where do I put that?
Ian

Re: Boot Screen [ In reply to ]
Ian K wrote:

> Where do I put that?
> Ian
>
> Ow Mun Heng wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 2004-10-28 at 11:57, Ian K wrote:
>>

>>>Hey everyone,
>>>on an older version of the Gentoo Live cd,
>>>2003.xx I believe..
>>>You could see a nice progressbar load Gentoo,
>>>instead of the verbose stuff. How do I get that
>>>

>>splash=silent
>>

>>--

There is more to it then that, you might want to take a look here
http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_fbsplash
Re: Boot Screen [ In reply to ]
Ian K wrote:
> Where do I put that?
> Ian
>
> Ow Mun Heng wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 2004-10-28 at 11:57, Ian K wrote:
>>

>>>Hey everyone,
>>>on an older version of the Gentoo Live cd,
>>>2003.xx I believe..
>>>You could see a nice progressbar load Gentoo,
>>>instead of the verbose stuff. How do I get that
>>>

>>splash=silent

It would go in lilo/grub.conf, but you would need to have bootsplash
enabled in the kernel, which it might not be, given that many current
kernels have had the bootsplash patch removed and replaced with gensplash.

And of course you'd need themes (the live CD bootsplash theme is
emergable, if you're using bootsplash, gensplash gives it to you with
the install of splashutils), not to mention starting the '(boot)splash'
service via rc-update.

Maybe you want to look at this forum thread: The Gentoo Framebuffer,
Bootsplash & Grubsplash How-To

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=49036&highlight=bootsplash+framebuffer

or the wiki

HOWTO Framebuffer:Bootsplash:Grubsplash