* dependency of type 'ibefore'; continuing...

--
paperCrane --Justin Patrin--

Re: circular ibefore dependancies [ In reply to ]
Justin Patrin wrote:

>I've been getting this at the end of my emerges for ages now, but I
>didn't worry because it's not causing problems that I can see. Anyone
>know what this means and how to fix it?
>
>* Services 'checkroot' and 'procparam' have circular
>* dependency of type 'ibefore'; continuing...

It seems you have two init scripts (checkroot and procparam) that
include before * in their dependencies.

Best regards
Jose

Re: circular ibefore dependancies [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 23:52:47 +0200, Jose Gonzalez Gomez
<jgonzalez@opentechnet.com> wrote:
> Justin Patrin wrote:
>
> >I've been getting this at the end of my emerges for ages now, but I
> >didn't worry because it's not causing problems that I can see. Anyone
> >know what this means and how to fix it?
> >
> >* Services 'checkroot' and 'procparam' have circular
> >* dependency of type 'ibefore'; continuing...
> >

> It seems you have two init scripts (checkroot and procparam) that
> include before * in their dependencies.

Ah..now it makes sense. Sure enough they do. Looks like I added
procparam to set up some proc stuff. I changed it to after checkroot
and everything works ok now. Thanks much.

--
paperCrane --Justin Patrin--