Mailing List Archive

Network Mounts Dieing!
Hello all.

I'm having a really bad time with my network mounts (via Samba) with a
recent Gentoo install.
I use this mount mostly for multimedia storage -- such as my music.
Playing my OGGs via XMMS over the mount has no trouble, and if I *pause*
XMMS the mount stays active with no trouble. However, if I *stop* XMMS
and do not access the network mount for a period of time then the mount
dies.
If I try to do a 'ls /net/multimedia' (the mount point) I get the
following:

linna bin # ls /net/multimedia
ls: /net/multimedia: Input/output error

I have to unmount and remote. Not a huge deal, but annoying none the
less.
Anyone know why my mounts might be dieing? I mounted them the same way
in the past with no trouble. Thanks for any help!

Nick