Mailing List Archive

ACPI: /etc/acpi/default.sh not getting called!
Hi All-

I'm having some trouble with acpid, specifically in that it doesn't seem
to be calling the /etc/acpi/default.sh script!

I'm running a HP Pavilion ZE5730US. I'm pretty sure I've got the ACPI
core working, given that I get LOTS of ACPI-debug output in `dmesg`.
I'm going through the Power Management Howto on the web site.

So far, I believe I've got the kernel compiled correctly, I've got acpid
emerged, and modprobing any of the ACPI modules loads them successfully.
The problem is getting the system to change runlevels (as prescribed in
the howto) on ACPI events.

I've pulled in the runlevel changing script from the howto, and I've
modified it with the correct path to my ac_adapter status file in
/proc. But I don't see any runlevel changes in the dmesg output or in
/var/log/messages.

So, I added `echo "\a"` to the top of the script, to try to get the
machine to beep each time I plugged or unplugged the AC adapter. No
goods!

Any ideas as to why this script might not be getting called?

Thanks,
Dave

Re: ACPI: /etc/acpi/default.sh not getting called! [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 2004-10-26 at 02:50, David Rea wrote:
> Hi All-
>
> I'm having some trouble with acpid, specifically in that it doesn't seem
> to be calling the /etc/acpi/default.sh script!

Can you take a look at /var/log/acpid and see if there are entries
there?