my old one expired in September).

I noticed that the "GnuPG Gentoo user guide" is no longer linked from
the User Docs section of the Gentoo web site. Yet, if I do a Google
search, it comes up high on the list and ends up linking back to an
address at gentoo.org!

Is there a place I can go to find these docs that are not (or no longer)
listed on the main User Docs page?

Dave

Re: Where are missing docs? [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Oct 25, 2004 at 11:18:44AM -0400, David Rea wrote:
> I just decided to get off my butt and set up a new GPG key pair (since
> my old one expired in September).
>
> I noticed that the "GnuPG Gentoo user guide" is no longer linked from
> the User Docs section of the Gentoo web site. Yet, if I do a Google
> search, it comes up high on the list and ends up linking back to an
> address at gentoo.org!
>
> Is there a place I can go to find these docs that are not (or no longer)
> listed on the main User Docs page?

I got confused by this too a while back. The answer is that all the
desktop-related docs (including the GnuGPG guide) have been moved to a
separate page:

http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/desktop.xml

which you can get to from the main documentation page via the "Gentoo Desktop
Documentation Repository" link at the top. That link looks just like all the
others in the list, so you probably assumed it just linked to a section
further down the page (an example of bad web-page design I suppose).

Toby
--
PhD Student
Quantum Information Theory group