clock?

++ kevin

Kevin O'Gorman, PhD

Re: Xeon speed controls [ In reply to ]
2.6 kernel?

In the kernel config (ie, `cd /usr/src/linux; make menuconfig`), go to:

Power management options (ACPI, APM) --->
CPU Frequency scaling --->

I enabled my P4m speed step here, so that my fan rarely comes on. I
don't see anything for Xeon, but there is for P4 clock modulation.
Don't know about anything for Xeon, but it's a start.

--Kurt