Mailing List Archive

Closing active connections
netstat -n --inet ;is showing me the following active connections
without services:
How do I close them?

Active Internet connections (w/o servers)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address Foreign Address
State
tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:631 127.0.0.1:38023
ESTABLISHED
tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:38023 127.0.0.1:631
ESTABLISHED
tcp 1 0 127.0.0.1:38012 127.0.0.1:631
CLOSE_WAIT
tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:38015 127.0.0.1:631
CLOSE_WAIT
tcp 1 0 127.0.0.1:37310 127.0.0.1:631
CLOSE_WAIT
tcp 1 0 127.0.0.1:36904 127.0.0.1:631
CLOSE_WAIT
tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:36907 127.0.0.1:631
CLOSE_WAIT
tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:40073 127.0.0.1:631
TIME_WAIT
tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:40072 127.0.0.1:631
TIME_WAIT
tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:40075 127.0.0.1:631
TIME_WAIT
tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:40074 127.0.0.1:631
TIME_WAIT
tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:40077 127.0.0.1:631
TIME_WAIT
tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:40076 127.0.0.1:631
TIME_WAIT

#Joseph

Re: Closing active connections [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 11:08:37 -0600, Joseph <syscon@interbaun.com> wrote:
> netstat -n --inet ;is showing me the following active connections
> without services:
> How do I close them?
>
> Active Internet connections (w/o servers)
> Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address Foreign Address
> State
> tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:631 127.0.0.1:38023
> ESTABLISHED
> tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:38023 127.0.0.1:631
> ESTABLISHED
> tcp 1 0 127.0.0.1:38012 127.0.0.1:631
> CLOSE_WAIT
> tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:38015 127.0.0.1:631
> CLOSE_WAIT
> tcp 1 0 127.0.0.1:37310 127.0.0.1:631
> CLOSE_WAIT
> tcp 1 0 127.0.0.1:36904 127.0.0.1:631
> CLOSE_WAIT
> tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:36907 127.0.0.1:631
> CLOSE_WAIT
> tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:40073 127.0.0.1:631
> TIME_WAIT
> tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:40072 127.0.0.1:631
> TIME_WAIT
> tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:40075 127.0.0.1:631
> TIME_WAIT
> tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:40074 127.0.0.1:631
> TIME_WAIT
> tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:40077 127.0.0.1:631
> TIME_WAIT
> tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:40076 127.0.0.1:631
> TIME_WAIT

looks like cupsd, try restarting it or even turning it off if you don't need it.
Cheers
Antoine

--
G System, The Evolving GUniverse - http://www.g-system.at

Re: Closing active connections [ In reply to ]
> looks like cupsd, try restarting it or even turning it off if you don't need it.
> Cheers
> Antoine

Restarting the box fixed the problem. I though I still can not print.
Do I need to be in lp group in order to print?

--
#Joseph

Re: Closing active connections [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 11:59:18 -0600, Joseph <syscon@interbaun.com> wrote:
> > looks like cupsd, try restarting it or even turning it off if you don't need it.
> > Cheers
> > Antoine
>
> Restarting the box fixed the problem. I though I still can not print.
> Do I need to be in lp group in order to print?

Shouldn't think so. If you are running gentoo, then make sure you are
running cupsd, as root,
#/etc/init.d/cupsd status
if it says stopped do
#/etc/init.d/cupsd start

Make sure you have the printer set up properly. Have you printed
before from this printer? If not then you have some work to do...
Cheers
Antoine

--
G System, The Evolving GUniverse - http://www.g-system.at