Mailing List Archive

Gnome slower than KDE? Evolution not connecting to IMAPS
I was pretty excited to try the new gnome 2.8, but have to say, I don't
really notice anything different. The one thing that does stand out (and has
for a long time) is that Gnome seems pokier than KDE on my Dell i8200
(nvidia). Anyone else sense the same thing? Is there some configuration that
I'm missing that will accelerate the screen redraws? Or is gnome just that
bloated?

Also, Evolution doesn't seem to want to connect to my IMAPS mail server? The
old Evolution would do it fine. Same box. Same user account. Same
everything. In fact, it migrated my 1.4 prefs when I started 2.0 up.

http://daevid.com