Could anyone tell me?

Thanks in advance!

Wang Penghui

Re: Wonder a software to download the whole website to make a local cache [ In reply to ]
wget can be used to do that...

David GP

Re: Wonder a software to download the whole website to make a local cache [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 23:54:07 +0800, Wang Penghui <wangpenghui@realss.com> wrote:
> Is there a software could download a whole website to make a local cache?

wget, pavuk, http://freshmeat.net/browse/886/

Or you could just install a caching proxy server (like Squid) and only
download the bits you actually want (and caching it until next time
you want it).

--
David Dorward <http://dorward.me.uk><http://blog.dorward.me.uk>

Re: Wonder a software to download the whole website to make a local cache [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 2004-10-21 at 11:54, Wang Penghui wrote:
> Hi everyone:
>
> Is there a software could download a whole website to make a local cache?
> I think the answer is yes. But i don't know what is it.
> Could anyone tell me?
>
> Thanks in advance!

wget -m <url> should do it.

See man wget.

--
Phil
Our 2nd CD: http://www.cdbaby.com/naomisfancy

Re: Wonder a software to download the whole website to make a local cache [ In reply to ]
Hi!

Just to try an alternative to wget you could use HTTrack from
http://www.httrack.com/

It's also in portage: http://packages.gentoo.org/search/?sstring=httrack

Bye,
Daniel