Does anyone know how to solve it?

regards,

Flavio.

Re: su not working [ In reply to ]
Right now, I'm thinking that maybe you don't have well set the
keyboard of your X11... try to write all the special characteres of
your root pass in a xterm and be sure that symbols like - * : or
whatever are represented correctly in your xterm console...

David GP

Re: su not working [ In reply to ]
What did you change? Is your user still part of the wheel group.

Re: su not working [ In reply to ]
On 10:54, Thu 21 Oct 04, Fl?vio L. C. de Moura wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have gentoo installed in my laptop and, today when I tried to su from
> a xterm I got:
>
> bash-2.05b$ su
> Password:
> su: Permission denied
> Sorry.
> bash-2.05b$
>
> It was working fine yesterday and, I can su from a text terminal
> (ctrl+alt+f?). I belong to the whell group.
>
> Does anyone know how to solve it?

The user needs to be a member of the wheel group.

Ken

--
One girl can be pretty -- but a dozen are only a chorus.
-- F. Scott Fitzgerald, "The Last Tycoon"