Mailing List Archive

Nvidia Twinview
Hello,

I use Nvidia twinview and everything works okay but i wondered how i
could set that programs start on my first screen and not in the middle
of the 2 screens.
The reason for this is that i have a windows program that i start with
wine and i can't position it after it started.

This worked with a configuration i had on debian but not on gentoo,
maybe a parameter but i don't know which one.

In xorg.conf i have:

Option "Twinview"
Option "MetaModes" "1280x1024,1280x1024"

Any idea ?

Cheers,
Philippe

Disclaimer :

This e-mail is intended for the exclusive use by the person(s) mentioned as recipient(s).
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately.
This e-mail does not constitute any commitment for Sea-Ro Terminal N.V. or its subsidiaries except when expressly otherwise
agreed in a written agreement between the intended recipient and the originating subsidiaries of Sea-Ro Terminal N.V.
Sea-Ro Terminal and each of its subsidiaries each reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks.

This mail has been checked for viruses by Symantec and Trend Micro.

Re: Nvidia Twinview [ In reply to ]
Philippe Dhont (Sea-ro) wrote:

> I use Nvidia twinview and everything works okay but i wondered how i
> could set that programs start on my first screen and not in the middle
> of the 2 screens.
> The reason for this is that i have a windows program that i start with
> wine and i can't position it after it started.

for some programs you can use --geometry to position windows. I don't
know how that would work with wine though, obviously if the option went
throught to the windows program it wouldn't understand it.

Alternatively perhaps you could use alt-click to move the window after
its open. Not a fix, but maybe a help till you find a fix!

HTH
--
Iain

Re: Nvidia Twinview [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 11:03:26 +0200, Philippe Dhont (Sea-ro)
<philippe.dhont@searo.be> wrote:
> I use Nvidia twinview and everything works okay but i wondered how i
> could set that programs start on my first screen and not in the middle
> of the 2 screens.
> The reason for this is that i have a windows program that i start with
> wine and i can't position it after it started.

Make sure that you have your window manager package compiled with the
"xinerama" use flag so that it can tell where screen borders/etc. are.

The relevent packages are "kdebase" for kde and "metacity" for gnome.

--
Calvin Walton