Hi, all:

I am using mozilla-thunderbird to receive and send messages. And the
default browser related to thunderbird is epiphany. Now i want to
change it to firefox. But i could not find where and how to make this
change.

Could someone pick me up?

Thanks.

Wang Penghui

Re: About the default browser in thunderbird. [ In reply to ]
Is the default browser in your system set to Epiphany, or Firefox?
If need be, you can open the mime-types associations in Thunderbird.
You will need to shut down Thunderbird and find the file in the
'.thunderbird' directory in your home directory (I unfortunately do not
remember what it is called) and can add/change the 'http' entries.

Nick

Re: About the default browser in thunderbird. [ In reply to ]
Wang Penghui wrote:
> Hi, all:
>
> I am using mozilla-thunderbird to receive and send messages. And the
> default browser related to thunderbird is epiphany. Now i want to
> change it to firefox. But i could not find where and how to make this
> change.
>
> Could someone pick me up?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Wang Penghui

If you've got epiphany, there's a good chance you're using GNOME. Try
going to the GNOME Control Panel=>Advanced=>Standard Applications, and
changing the default browser there.

As far as I know, that's the setting T-bird uses if found.

Hope this helps,
Holly

Re: About the default browser in thunderbird. [ In reply to ]
Wang Penghui wrote:
> Hi, all:
>
> I am using mozilla-thunderbird to receive and send messages. And the
> default browser related to thunderbird is epiphany. Now i want to
> change it to firefox. But i could not find where and how to make this
> change.
>
> Could someone pick me up?

In ~/.thunderbird there will be a directory with ".default" appended to
it. In that folder create a file called user.js and add these lines:

user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.http", "/usr/bin/mozilla");
user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.https", "/usr/bin/mozilla");

Substitute the path to firefox for mozilla, of course. Restart Thunderbird.

Dave