After that it was /qt/3/crypt. I stopped trying it when a lib libqca.... I think could not been copied to /qt/3/crypt/.
Does someone had similar problems, or am I doing something wrong?
Could it be a problem of the reiserFS?

After this I would install qt as a binary packet using the -g option, but I was not able to find a mirror which has a non empty grp folder (I tried some german mirrors). What stands grp for?

bye
Vasili

Diese E-Mail enthaelt vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschuetzte Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtuemlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und loeschen Sie diese Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail ist nicht gestattet.

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the contents in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.
Re: problems installing qt [ In reply to ]
Goutas, Vasili wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm new to gentoo and tried to install kde by
>emerge --verbose kde
>
>after a while I had a look on it and noticed, that the process was stoped due to an error.
>The folder /qt could not be created, because the access was denied. I wondered about that because I run emerge as root.
>After creating such an folder and rerunning "emerge kde" I got error on creating /qt/3.
>After that it was /qt/3/crypt. I stopped trying it when a lib libqca.... I think could not been copied to /qt/3/crypt/.
>Does someone had similar problems, or am I doing something wrong?
>Could it be a problem of the reiserFS?
>
>After this I would install qt as a binary packet using the -g option, but I was not able to find a mirror which has a non empty grp folder (I tried some german mirrors). What stands grp for?
>
>bye
>Vasili

Please supply the output from 'emerge info'

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse
Spammers please contact me at trap@veldy.net.
AW: problems installing qt [ In reply to ]
Hi Thomas,

I attached an archive wich contains my system settings and the output of
the tries installing kde.
The package making problems seems to be qca-tls.
It seems that it searches the qt stuff in the wrong directory. It should
be /usr/qr instead of /qt I think.

At least I was able to install and run gnome, but it would be greate
running kde ;-)

TIA
Vasili

Re: AW: problems installing qt [ In reply to ]
Goutas, Vasili wrote:

>Hi Thomas,
>
>I attached an archive wich contains my system settings and the output of
>the tries installing kde.
>The package making problems seems to be qca-tls.
>It seems that it searches the qt stuff in the wrong directory. It should
>be /usr/qr instead of /qt I think.
>
>At least I was able to install and run gnome, but it would be greate
>running kde ;-)
>
>TIA
>Vasili

I am not sure that you supplied enough information to work with and
perhaps I am not likely the person who can help you here, but it seems
to me it may be an environment issue. Perhaps you should take a look at
the contents of /etc/env.d/45qt3 and /etc/env.d/50qtdir3 and be sure
they look correct.

If you find an error in them, be sure run env-update after you fix them.

AW: AW: problems installing qt [ In reply to ]
Thank you Thomas

bye
vasili