Mailing List Archive

how to enable sound line-in?
i want to use internet phone on my gentoo box but i don't know how to do it,
is there a guide for this problem?
my alsa system work well when i play sound,
my sound card is:
0000:00:1f.5 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corp. 82801DB/DBL/DBM
(ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M) AC'97 Audio Controller (rev 03)

this is the output of amixer:
Simple mixer control 'Master',0
Capabilities: pvolume pswitch
Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
Limits: Playback 0 - 31
Front Left: Playback 25 [81%] [on]
Front Right: Playback 25 [81%] [on]
Simple mixer control 'Master Mono',0
Capabilities: pvolume pvolume-joined pswitch pswitch-joined
Playback channels: Mono
Limits: Playback 0 - 31
Mono: Playback 25 [81%] [off]
Simple mixer control 'Headphone',0
Capabilities: pvolume pswitch
Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
Limits: Playback 0 - 31
Front Left: Playback 24 [77%] [on]
Front Right: Playback 24 [77%] [on]
Simple mixer control 'PCM',0
Capabilities: pvolume pswitch
Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
Limits: Playback 0 - 31
Front Left: Playback 28 [90%] [on]
Front Right: Playback 28 [90%] [on]
Simple mixer control 'Line',0
Capabilities: pvolume pswitch cswitch cswitch-joined cswitch-exclusive
Capture exclusive group: 0
Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
Limits: Playback 0 - 31
Front Left: Playback 27 [87%] [on] Capture [off]
Front Right: Playback 27 [87%] [on] Capture [off]
Simple mixer control 'CD',0
Capabilities: pvolume pswitch cswitch cswitch-joined cswitch-exclusive
Capture exclusive group: 0
Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
Limits: Playback 0 - 31
Front Left: Playback 28 [90%] [on] Capture [off]
Front Right: Playback 28 [90%] [on] Capture [off]
Simple mixer control 'Mic',0
Capabilities: pvolume pvolume-joined pswitch pswitch-joined cswitch
cswitch-joined cswitch-exclusive
Capture exclusive group: 0
Playback channels: Mono
Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
Limits: Playback 0 - 31
Mono: Playback 26 [84%] [on]
Front Left: Capture [off]
Front Right: Capture [off]
Simple mixer control 'Mic Boost (+20dB)',0
Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
Playback channels: Mono
Mono: Playback [on]
Simple mixer control 'Mic Select',0
Capabilities:
Mono:
Simple mixer control 'Video',0
Capabilities: cswitch cswitch-joined cswitch-exclusive
Capture exclusive group: 0
Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
Front Left: Capture [off]
Front Right: Capture [off]
Simple mixer control 'Phone',0
Capabilities: pvolume pvolume-joined pswitch pswitch-joined cswitch
cswitch-joined cswitch-exclusive
Capture exclusive group: 0
Playback channels: Mono
Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
Limits: Playback 0 - 31
Mono: Playback 26 [84%] [on]
Front Left: Capture [off]
Front Right: Capture [off]
Simple mixer control 'Aux',0
Capabilities: pvolume pswitch cswitch cswitch-joined cswitch-exclusive
Capture exclusive group: 0
Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
Limits: Playback 0 - 31
Front Left: Playback 31 [100%] [on] Capture [off]
Front Right: Playback 31 [100%] [on] Capture [off]
Simple mixer control 'Mono Output Select',0
Capabilities:
Mono:
Simple mixer control 'Capture',0
Capabilities: cvolume cswitch
Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
Limits: Capture 0 - 15
Front Left: Capture 15 [100%] [on]
Front Right: Capture 15 [100%] [on]
Simple mixer control 'Mix',0
Capabilities: cswitch cswitch-joined cswitch-exclusive
Capture exclusive group: 0
Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
Front Left: Capture [off]
Front Right: Capture [off]
Simple mixer control 'Mix Mono',0
Capabilities: cswitch cswitch-joined cswitch-exclusive
Capture exclusive group: 0
Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
Front Left: Capture [on]
Front Right: Capture [on]
Simple mixer control 'External Amplifier',0
Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
Playback channels: Mono
Mono: Playback [on]
Simple mixer control 'Stereo Mic',0
Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
Playback channels: Mono
Mono: Playback [on]

and i've play around alsamixer but it don't work at all :(

can someone help me? or give me a roadmap to config Line-In?

Re: how to enable sound line-in? [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 15 Oct 2004, [UTF-8] Hoàng Tuân Nguyá»^En Ä^Pặng wrote:

> Simple mixer control 'Line',0
> Capabilities: pvolume pswitch cswitch cswitch-joined cswitch-exclusive
> Capture exclusive group: 0
> Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
> Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
> Limits: Playback 0 - 31
> Front Left: Playback 27 [87%] [on] Capture [off]
> Front Right: Playback 27 [87%] [on] Capture [off]

Capture is off. Set it on and it will work.

HTH.
Cheers,
Tamas Sarga
--
A day is 24 hours long. Egy nap 24 órából áll.
A box of beer contains 24 bottles. Egy tálcán 24 üveg sör van.