Hello,

I have installed gentoo, but it will not boot without keyboard. Any
help? tnx

Re: 304 keyboard or system unit error [ In reply to ]
Khan wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have installed gentoo, but it will not boot without keyboard. Any
> help? tnx

AFAIK it's a BIOS option

Francisco

Re: 304 keyboard or system unit error [ In reply to ]
Francisco J. A. Ares wrote:
> Khan wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have installed gentoo, but it will not boot without keyboard. Any
>> help? tnx
>>

> AFAIK it's a BIOS option
>
> Francisco

Are you talking about the "Halt on Errors" BIOS option? I.e. Halt on all
errors, halt on all errors *except* (keyboard, cd, whatever)?

Which might well be the issue, except when Khan says "it will not boot",
we don't really know what he means.

If the system successfully passes initialization to GRUB, then I don't
see how that BIOS setting could be the issue. If the system stops
(halts) sometime between POST and GRUB loading, then I can definitely
see how that might be the issue.

If booting stops after a GRUB menu entry has been selected, then the
problem might lie somewhere else entirely. Is this a USB keyboard? Are
there error messages of any sort?

Holly