Mailing List Archive

trouble with cjk (baekmuk-fonts), may be a font permission problem
My wife complained that Mozilla would not start, then she complained
that gEdit would bomb when she tried to input Korean characters. I've
isolated the Mozilla problem to the fact that her Mozilla homepage is a
Korean language page. gEdit gives the following error messages when
trying to load / input with the Korean fonts:

** (gedit:3774): WARNING **: Cannot open font file for font Baekmuk
Batang 12

I recently emerged the baekmuk-fonts package. I'm certain that this is
causing the problem. Anybody heard of anything like this? Anybody have
any ideas on how to fix it?

If the only way is to backout of the baekmuk-fonts update, then I'll
need some help. Thus far in my Gentoo experience, I've only updated
packages and never backed any down. What would be the best way to
revert to the older version of this package?

If you've read up to here, then I thank you for your time. (If you need
a gmail invite, then email me at moojin@gmail.com !)

Andrew

Re: trouble with cjk (baekmuk-fonts), may be a font permission problem [ In reply to ]
Solved my own problem by emerge -C the package and emerge package
again. My offer at the end of my last post still applies...