´t get it right. I want to keep 1.11.0 untill a neewer version comes out.

Mike
--
Michael W. Holdeman

Powered by Gentoo Linux www.gentoo.org 2004.0
Kernel 2.6.7-win4lin-r3
Windows apps thanks to Win4Lin 5.1.16 netraverse.com
Wireless thanks to ndiswrapper

Re: /etc/portage/ brain fart! [ In reply to ]
On 10/11/2004 06:13 PM, Michael W. Holdeman wrote:
> OK I emerged baselayout 1.11.0 for the wireless scripts. All is well there.
> Now EVERYTIME I run emerge -uvDa world I get a downgrade for baselayout. I´ve
> tried adding it to /etc/portage/ various files, but for the life of me I can
> ´t get it right. I want to keep 1.11.0 untill a neewer version comes out.
>
> Mike

baselayout-1.11.0 is hard masked. If you want to use it (and keep it ;)
you have to add the following line to /etc/portage/package.unmask:

>=sys-apps/baselayout-1.11.0

Tested and works for me:
$ emerge -pv baselayout

Calculating dependencies ...done!
[ebuild U ] sys-apps/baselayout-1.11.1 [1.10.4] -bootstrap -build
-debug -livecd -static (-uclibc) 131 kB

Total size of downloads: 131 kB

Which files did you edit?

Jochen

Re: /etc/portage/ brain fart! [ In reply to ]
On Monday 11 October 2004 12:34 pm, Jochen Schalanda wrote:
>  >=sys-apps/baselayout-1.11.0

Ahh, I missed the >
Seems to work now. So far 1.11.0 worked well for me, we´ll see about 1.11.1, I
really like the wireless scripting better.
Thanks,
Mike

Re: /etc/portage/ brain fart! [ In reply to ]
On Monday 11 October 2004 12:13 pm, Michael W. Holdeman wrote:
> OK I emerged baselayout 1.11.0 for the wireless scripts. All is well there.
> Now EVERYTIME I run emerge -uvDa world I get a downgrade for baselayout.
> I´ve tried adding it to /etc/portage/ various files, but for the life of me
> I can ´t get it right. I want to keep 1.11.0 untill a neewer version comes
> out.

Also try emerge -uUvDa ...the -U only lets it upgrade, if I recall aright.

-=-
Ryan W
Re: /etc/portage/ brain fart! [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 18:41:14 -0400, Ryan W Sims <ryan@ryanwsims.com> wrote:
> Also try emerge -uUvDa ...the -U only lets it upgrade, if I recall aright.

Don't use -U. It means upgrade, but never downgrade. Which the gentoo
devs believe to be broken be design since security downgrades will
never happen then. Only use -u for upgrading.