Mailing List Archive

gnome-games builds, but AisleRiot won't run
Hi,

I asked this question a week or so ago (under a different title), but no
one answered :-( , so here it is again.

A couple of weeks ago, I noticed a translation error in AisleRiot 2.6.2,
which was otherwise running fine. I submitted a bug, and it was fixed in
2.8.0 CVS, but I also tried editing the *.po file for the 2.6.2 source
in order to fix it on my current version.

The edited source wouldn't build, so I decided to live with it and
rebuilt the original source. Since that time, all sources/ebuilds for
gnome-games build without error (I have tried 2.4, 2.6.0.1, 2.6.2 and
2.8.0), and all of the games run-- except AisleRiot (sol), which errors
(in a terminal) with

ERROR: Unbound variable: include-deprecated-features

Since sol is the component I actually want to run (I have no interest in
the majority of the other included games, though I may be playing
Gnometris or 4-in-a-row soon enough), I would like to solve this.

I assume it is something I did (rather than a bug, but if it's a bug,
tell me ;-) ), and all I did was edit a *.po file for one source version
(other than normal updates of the machine), so I have no idea why this
error would propagate across all versions, affect only one component of
the program, or in fact what this error means in the first place.

Does anybody know what I could do to correct it? PySol is OK, but I
prefer AisleRiot, and I'm sure you all know that Solitaire is the most
popular computer application known to (wo)man.

TIA,

Holly