--
Best regards,
Klaus

Re: 3ddesktop emerge/config error [ In reply to ]

Re: 3ddesktop emerge/config error [ In reply to ]
Klaus Newman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> did anyone install successfully 3ddesktop? That's what I get:
> checking for GL/gl.h... no
> configure: error: GL/gl.h is needed to compile 3ddesktop
> Which package is missing here?

Do you have opengl available? Did you compile xorg and forgot to
recompile your nvidia/ati/whatever-drivers?
Did this help? :)

Re: 3ddesktop emerge/config error [ In reply to ]
On Saturday 09 October 2004 01:52 pm, Alex wrote:
>Klaus Newman wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > did anyone install successfully 3ddesktop? That's what I get:
> > checking for GL/gl.h... no
> > configure: error: GL/gl.h is needed to compile 3ddesktop
> > Which package is missing here?
>
>Do you have opengl available? Did you compile xorg and forgot to
>recompile your nvidia/ati/whatever-drivers?

opengl-update is installed (1.8.1-r1). No, I did not compile xorg.

>Did this help? :)

Well, it excluded two more possible sources. ;-)

I do have a /usr/X11R6/include/GL/gl.h which is a symlink pointing
to /usr/lib/opengl/xfree/include/gl.h

Is this the one "configure" is looking for and cannot find? How can I fix
this?
--
Best regards,
Klaus

Re: 3ddesktop emerge/config error [ In reply to ]
Klaus Newman wrote:
> On Saturday 09 October 2004 01:52 pm, Alex wrote:
>
>> Klaus Newman wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > did anyone install successfully 3ddesktop? That's what I get:
>> > ----------------------------------------
>> > checking for GL/gl.h... no
>> > configure: error: GL/gl.h is needed to compile 3ddesktop
>> > ----------------------------------------
>> > Which package is missing here?
>>
>> Do you have opengl available? Did you compile xorg and forgot to
>> recompile your nvidia/ati/whatever-drivers?
>

> opengl-update is installed (1.8.1-r1). No, I did not compile xorg.
>
>> Did this help? :)
>

> Well, it excluded two more possible sources. ;-)
>
> I do have a /usr/X11R6/include/GL/gl.h which is a symlink pointing
> to /usr/lib/opengl/xfree/include/gl.h
>
> Is this the one "configure" is looking for and cannot find? How can I fix
> this?

Run opengl-update, it might work...