Problem Accessin to FAT 32 Partition
Hi

I have some troubles to access to my windows 98 Partition. I added the
partition to fstab file and I have loaded the fat. o modules at boot
but when I Browse the windows directory /mnt/win98 (using Gnome) All its
contents are not recognized. How to arrange this please ???

Thanks
IcEonFirE

Re: Problem Accessin to FAT 32 Partition [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 8 Oct 2004, Chiheb Djabri wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have some troubles to access to my windows 98 Partition. I added the
> partition to fstab file and I have loaded the fat. o modules at boot
> but when I Browse the windows directory /mnt/win98 (using Gnome) All its
> contents are not recognized. How to arrange this please ???
>
> Thanks
> IcEonFirE

What is the output of mount?

Cheers,
Tamas Sarga
--
A day is 24 hours long. Egy nap 24 órából áll.
A box of beer contains 24 bottles. Egy tálcán 24 üveg sör van.

Re: Problem Accessin to FAT 32 Partition [ In reply to ]
Chiheb Djabri wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have some troubles to access to my windows 98 Partition. I added the
> partition to fstab file and I have loaded the fat. o modules at boot
> but when I Browse the windows directory /mnt/win98 (using Gnome) All its
> contents are not recognized. How to arrange this please ???
>
> Thanks
> IcEonFirE

When you say "all its contents are not recognized", do you mean that
some of them are recognized? Which ones are, and which ones aren't?

Do the ones that are not recognized have anything in common (such as
filenames with non-english/latin characters)?

Holly

Re: Problem Accessin to FAT 32 Partition [ In reply to ]
On Friday 08 Oct 2004 18:25, Chiheb Djabri wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have some troubles to access to my windows 98 Partition. I added the
> partition to fstab file and I have loaded the fat. o modules at boot
> but when I Browse the windows directory /mnt/win98 (using Gnome) All its
> contents are not recognized. How to arrange this please ???

Using the vfat kernel module and filesystem type instead of fat will give
support for MS Win FAT extensions, eg long file names.
--
Ian.