Mailing List Archive

Addin A KDE Session to GDM
Hi

I am actually using GDM and I'd like to add a KDE Session (kde-3.2.2) on
Session Option

Did somebody knows how to do this?

Thanks

IcEonFirE
Re: Addin A KDE Session to GDM [ In reply to ]
Chiheb Djabri wrote:

> Hi
>

> I am actually using GDM and I’d like to add a KDE Session (kde-3.2.2) on
> Session Option
>
> Did somebody knows how to do this?
>

> Thanks
>

> IcEonFirE

It should be added automatically when KDE is installed. GDM is generally
quite good that way-- in fact, iIrc, KDE one of the session types
created by default when you install GDM. Are you saying that the KDE
session is not there, or that the one that's there doesn't work?

Holly

Re: Addin A KDE Session to GDM [ In reply to ]
I'm having the same problem here. It seems that the kde session is not
create or not created in the wright location...
GDM is looking after *.desktop files in one of the following
directories:
/etc/X11/session/
/etc/X11/dm/Sessions/
/usr/share/gdm/BiltInSession/
/usr/share/xsessions/
There is no kde*.desktop in any of these directories.
Finaly I managed to find it in
/usr/kde/[version]/share/apps/kdm/sessions/
I tried to copy it in one of the locations GDM is aware of, but then it
reported me that the syntax of the kde.desktop dir is wrong !?! ...
Here end my story ...
Someone else had more luck ?