Does anyone know of an X command to adjust mouse response globaly ?

Cheers
Dave

Re: Mouse needs slowing - runs too fast :) [ In reply to ]
Dave S wrote:
> Does anyone know of an X command to adjust mouse response globaly ?

xset m <acceleration> <threshold>

xset m 1 1

will do no acceleration

Re: Mouse needs slowing - runs too fast :) [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Oct 06, 2004 at 07:19:42PM +0100, Dave S wrote:
> My new machine has an optical mouse that is far to responsive. I can
> slow it down in KDE via the controll center but this does not help my
> main environment, Fluxbox.
>
> Does anyone know of an X command to adjust mouse response globaly ?

If you're running X 4.x+ and a 2.6 kernel, make sure you don't have two
mouse inputs active in your XF86Config file. I had this a while ago and
finally fixed it after much searching. If you have two inputs it was
probably you needed one for ps/2 and one for USB. The new input system
in 2.6 makes both ps/2 and usb look the same, so in essence your mouse
is recording two inputs for every time you move it.

HTH

alan

--
Alan <alan@ufies.org> - http://arcterex.net
Re: Mouse needs slowing - runs too fast :) [ In reply to ]
Dave S wrote:

> My new machine has an optical mouse that is far to responsive. I can
> slow it down in KDE via the controll center but this does not help my
> main environment, Fluxbox.
>
> Does anyone know of an X command to adjust mouse response globaly ?
>
> Cheers
> Dave

Thanks for you info guys,

I had probs with my xorg file before, using a wacom tablet - it took me
a while to figure it out as well !

I will go and play with xset :-)

Cheers
Dave