to no avail. Whay's the name of the program under gentoo?

Ciao
Vittorio

Re: Cannot find R [ In reply to ]
v.demartino2@virgilio.it wrote:

>I'm looking for the the gentoo packages of R, the statistics CRAN project
>to no avail. Whay's the name of the program under gentoo?

It is simply called R,

neg0 ~ # emerge -pv R

Calculating dependencies ...done!
[ebuild R ] dev-lang/R-1.9.1 +X -blas -bzlib -f2c -gnome -lapack
-pcre +tcltk +zlib 0 kB

Re: Cannot find R [ In reply to ]
v.demartino2@virgilio.it wrote:
> I'm looking for the the gentoo packages of R, the statistics CRAN project
> to no avail. Whay's the name of the program under gentoo?

bash-2.05b% etcat -v R
[ Results for search key : R ]
[ Candidate applications found : 3 ]

Only printing found installed programs.

* dev-lang/R :
[ ] 1.8.1 (0)
[ ] 1.9.0-r1 (0)
[ ] 1.9.1 (0)

Re: Cannot find R [ In reply to ]
emerge seems to take regex specifications. Also, R 2.0 appears
imminent, and 1.91 is still masked!

It would also be nice if emerge could use the CRAN system to track and
update R - as it is emerge is only good for installing the base package,
not maintenance

BillK

rattus samba # emerge ^R$ -s
Searching...
[ Results for search key : ^R$ ]
[ Applications found : 1 ]

* dev-lang/R [ Masked ]
Latest version available: 1.9.1
Latest version installed: 1.9.1
Size of downloaded files: 9,366 kB
Homepage: http://www.r-project.org/
statistical computing and graphics.
License: GPL-2 LGPL-2.1

rattus samba #

Re: Cannot find R [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 06:15:11 +0800, William Kenworthy
<billk@iinet.net.au> wrote:
> emerge seems to take regex specifications. Also, R 2.0 appears
> imminent, and 1.91 is still masked!

No, R 2.0.0 is out since yesterday. I have already changed the 1.9.1
ebuild to suit and put it in /usr/local/portage, everything built
correctly and seems working fine.

However, as soon as an 'official' gentoo ebuild comes out I'll go over to that.

Re: Cannot find R [ In reply to ]
Marcus D. Hanwell wrote:
> It is simply called R,

:-o, IMO it's the most stupid name I have been seeing ...
it should be renamed to something searchable.
Try to run "esearch R" to learn why.

noro

Re: Cannot find R [ In reply to ]
Am Donnerstag, 7. Oktober 2004 14:07 schrieb Norbert Kamenicky:
> Marcus D. Hanwell wrote:
> > It is simply called R,
> >
> :-o, IMO it's the most stupid name I have been seeing ...
>
> it should be renamed to something searchable.
> Try to run "esearch R" to learn why.

Of course you are right, it's a stupid name, but knowing your tools saves
time. My first shot in the dark would have been something like:

$ esearch ^R$
[ Results for search key : ^R$ ]
[ Applications found : 1 ]

* dev-lang/R
Latest version available: 1.9.1
Latest version installed: [ Not Installed ]
Size of downloaded files: 9,366 kB
Homepage: http://www.r-project.org/
computing and graphics.
License: GPL-2 LGPL-2.1

> noro

Hand,
Michael

Re: Cannot find R [ In reply to ]
Michael Schreckenbauer wrote:
> Of course you are right, it's a stupid name, but knowing your tools saves
> time. My first shot in the dark would have been something like:
>
> $ esearch ^R$

Yes, it's good to know, tool supports regular expressions :-).

noro