installed the Radeon.)

Thank you.
Ian
Re: My SoundCard aint workin!!! [ In reply to ]
Ian K wrote:

> I am thinking that It may possibly be a IRQ conflict with another
> piece of hardware that I recently installed. (Radeon Video Card.) Is
> this a valid concern? (I upgraded the kernel at the same time as I
> first installed the Radeon.)
>
> Thank you.
> Ian

What does lspci show you re: multimedia audio device?

--
Ted Ozolins(VE7TVO)
Westbank, B. C

Re: My SoundCard aint workin!!! [ In reply to ]
Well, here is the output of Lspci... I dont see my sound card.

0000:00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corp. 440BX/ZX/DX - 82443BX/ZX/DX Host
bridge (rev 03)
0000:00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corp. 440BX/ZX/DX - 82443BX/ZX/DX AGP
bridge (rev 03)
0000:00:02.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corp. 82371AB/EB/MB PIIX4 ISA (rev 02)
0000:00:02.1 IDE interface: Intel Corp. 82371AB/EB/MB PIIX4 IDE (rev 01)
0000:00:02.2 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82371AB/EB/MB PIIX4 USB (rev 01)
0000:00:02.3 Bridge: Intel Corp. 82371AB/EB/MB PIIX4 ACPI (rev 02)
0000:00:03.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corp. 82557/8/9 [Ethernet Pro
100] (rev 05)
0000:00:10.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon VE QY
0000:00:14.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc 3D Rage
I/II 215GT [Mach64 GT] (rev 48)
0000:01:01.0 VGA compatible controller: S3 Inc. Trio 64 3D (rev 01)

Thanks for the help!

Re: My SoundCard aint workin!!! [ In reply to ]
Ian K wrote:

> Well, here is the output of Lspci... I dont see my sound card.
>
> 0000:00:10.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon VE QY
> 0000:00:14.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc 3D Rage
> I/II 215GT [Mach64 GT] (rev 48)
> 0000:01:01.0 VGA compatible controller: S3 Inc. Trio 64 3D (rev 01)
>
> Thanks for the help!

Am I reading this wrong or do you actually have three video cards
installed. Is the S3 Trio 64 on the MB? When your computer is booting
up, is the vid cards and audio card detected (should be seen during post)?

--
Ted Ozolins(VE7TVO)
Westbank, B. C

Re: My SoundCard aint workin!!! [ In reply to ]
Ted Ozolins wrote:

> Ian K wrote:
>
>> Well, here is the output of Lspci... I dont see my sound card.
>>
>> 0000:00:10.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon
>> VE QY
>> 0000:00:14.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc 3D Rage
>> I/II 215GT [Mach64 GT] (rev 48)
>> 0000:01:01.0 VGA compatible controller: S3 Inc. Trio 64 3D (rev 01)
>>
>> Thanks for the help!
>

> Am I reading this wrong or do you actually have three video cards
> installed. Is the S3 Trio 64 on the MB? When your computer is booting
> up, is the vid cards and audio card detected (should be seen during
> post)?

Yes, I do have 3 video cards. the Trio is on the MB, and I have 2 so I
can some day set up an extended desktop. (Im still waiting for the
monitor). All Video cards are detected, but it refuses to detect any
sound devices.
Im not completely sure what model of integrated soundcard (srry if i
didn't mention that before) as my computer vendor was not sure either.
Thanks for the help!
Re: My SoundCard aint workin!!! [ In reply to ]
Ian K wrote:

> Yes, I do have 3 video cards. the Trio is on the MB, and I have 2 so I
> can some day set up an extended desktop. (Im still waiting for the
> monitor). All Video cards are detected, but it refuses to detect any
> sound devices.
> Im not completely sure what model of integrated soundcard (srry if i
> didn't mention that before) as my computer vendor was not sure either.
> Thanks for the help!

If your BIOS doesn't show an audio device and lspci doesn't show one
then perhaps it is turned off in BIOS. Failing that, get a real sound
card and make your life a bit easier.

--
Ted Ozolins(VE7TVO)
Westbank, B. C

Re: My SoundCard aint workin!!! [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 16:51:40 -0600, Ian K <omega_2_1@yahoo.ca> wrote:
> Ted Ozolins wrote:
>
> > Ian K wrote:
> >
> >> Well, here is the output of Lspci... I dont see my sound card.
> >>
> >> 0000:00:10.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon
> >> VE QY
> >> 0000:00:14.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc 3D Rage
> >> I/II 215GT [Mach64 GT] (rev 48)
> >> 0000:01:01.0 VGA compatible controller: S3 Inc. Trio 64 3D (rev 01)
> >>
> >> Thanks for the help!
> >

> > Am I reading this wrong or do you actually have three video cards
> > installed. Is the S3 Trio 64 on the MB? When your computer is booting
> > up, is the vid cards and audio card detected (should be seen during
> > post)?
> >
> Yes, I do have 3 video cards. the Trio is on the MB, and I have 2 so I
> can some day set up an extended desktop. (Im still waiting for the
> monitor). All Video cards are detected, but it refuses to detect any
> sound devices.
> Im not completely sure what model of integrated soundcard (srry if i
> didn't mention that before) as my computer vendor was not sure either.
> Thanks for the help!

looks like an old machine so maybe you have an ISA sound card.
My DELL optiplex has an CS4236 integrated on his intel mb (BX440).
Try running lshw instead of lspci.

--
Regards
Karol Krzak

Re: My SoundCard aint workin!!! [SOLVED] [ In reply to ]
krzaq wrote:

>On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 16:51:40 -0600, Ian K <omega_2_1@yahoo.ca> wrote:
>

>>Ted Ozolins wrote:

>>>Am I reading this wrong or do you actually have three video cards
>>>installed. Is the S3 Trio 64 on the MB? When your computer is booting
>>>up, is the vid cards and audio card detected (should be seen during
>>>post)?
>>>

>>Yes, I do have 3 video cards. the Trio is on the MB, and I have 2 so I
>>can some day set up an extended desktop. (Im still waiting for the
>>monitor). All Video cards are detected, but it refuses to detect any
>>sound devices.
>>Im not completely sure what model of integrated soundcard (srry if i
>>didn't mention that before) as my computer vendor was not sure either.
>>Thanks for the help!
>>

>looks like an old machine so maybe you have an ISA sound card.
>My DELL optiplex has an CS4236 integrated on his intel mb (BX440).
>Try running lshw instead of lspci.

Perfect!!! All I had to do was go into the kernel settings and activate
ISA support (or something like that, anyway). Everything is working now.
Thanks, everyone!!!!