(going to the begin or end of the line) they print an ~

As the Joe setup has no real differences when compared to an other computer
running RedHat AND the RedHat installation not having this problem, I'm a bit
lost. I guess the problem is somewhere in the keyboard translation, but
where..

Anyhow, any tips or solutions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Gerhard

Re: Joe's own editor keyboard problem [ In reply to ]
Gerhard Hoogterp wrote, On 05.10.2004 22:48:
> Hi,
>
> For as long as I use Gentoo my Joe editor has an annoying problem in the use
> of the home and end keys. Instead of just doing what they are supposed to do
> (going to the begin or end of the line) they print an ~
>

> Anyhow, any tips or solutions would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Gerhard

I´m absolutely sure I read your problem description somewhere on the
forums. I´ve searched but can´t it find anymore, can´t remember where I
read this.

IIRC the solution was something like to update Joe.
You probably should look on there site for a bug like this, I think it
is a allready known one.

bye thilo

Re: Joe's own editor keyboard problem [ In reply to ]
Thilo Six wrote, On 06.10.2004 03:14:

>>Hi,

> I´m absolutely sure I read your problem description somewhere on the
> forums. I´ve searched but can´t it find anymore, can´t remember where I
> read this.
>
> IIRC the solution was something like to update Joe.
> You probably should look on there site for a bug like this, I think it
> is a allready known one.
>

> bye thilo

I was right:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=942971&group_id=23475&atid=378598

Joe never was termcap's best friend (who could be friend to
such a beast!?! ;-])
... as now in your case with 'kh' and 'kH'.

You can fix this yourself by binding the right combination
to 'bol' and 'eol'.
How to find it? Open joe, trigger the 'quote' key (default:
`) and then press "home key". Same goes for "end".
Now all you'll have to do is to "translate" the "raw string"
got from joe into the joerc format.

Example:
bol ^[ [ H
eol ^[ [ F

bye Thilo

Re: Re: Joe's own editor keyboard problem [ In reply to ]
> You can fix this yourself by binding the right combination
> to 'bol' and 'eol'.
> How to find it? Open joe, trigger the 'quote' key (default:
> `) and then press "home key". Same goes for "end".
> Now all you'll have to do is to "translate" the "raw string"
> got from joe into the joerc format.
>
> Example:
> bol ^[ [ H
> eol ^[ [ F

Thanks. I was sure I checked the buglist but apparently I didn't. This solves
my problem almost.. Joe gives back ^[ [ 4 ~ and whatever I try it still
prints the tilde in the screen. But at least it does it now at the right
side of the sentence..;)

Gerhard