help?

TIA,

Patrick

Re: apache2 and php [ In reply to ]
Did you set

APACHE2_OPTS="-D PHP4"

in /etc/conf.d/apache2 ?

J. Patrick Campbell schrieb:
> my apache2 server can't seem to read php. i keep clicking configure php
> and php_4 in webmin but when i go back to look at the modules they are
> unchecked again. i know squirrelmail pulled in php as a dependancy.
>
> help?
>
> TIA,
>
> Patrick

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Heinz Sporn

SPORN it-freelancing

Mobile: ++43 (0)699 / 127 827 07
Email: heinz.sporn@sporn-it.com
heinz.sporn@utanet.at
Snail: Steyrer Str. 20
A-4540 Bad Hall
Austria / Europe

Re: apache2 and php [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 2004-10-05 at 01:45, Heinz Sporn wrote:
> Did you set
>
> APACHE2_OPTS="-D PHP4"
>
> in /etc/conf.d/apache2 ?
>
> J. Patrick Campbell schrieb:
> > my apache2 server can't seem to read php. i keep clicking configure php
> > and php_4 in webmin but when i go back to look at the modules they are
> > unchecked again. i know squirrelmail pulled in php as a dependancy.
> >
> > help?

ok i did that and restarted apache.
same problem.
is there something else i need to do?

thanks,

Patrick

Re: apache2 and php SOLVED [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 2004-10-05 at 01:49, J. Patrick Campbell wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-10-05 at 01:45, Heinz Sporn wrote:
> > Did you set
> >
> > APACHE2_OPTS="-D PHP4"
> >
> > in /etc/conf.d/apache2 ?
> >
> > J. Patrick Campbell schrieb:
> > > my apache2 server can't seem to read php. i keep clicking configure php
> > > and php_4 in webmin but when i go back to look at the modules they are
> > > unchecked again. i know squirrelmail pulled in php as a dependancy.
> > >
> > > help?
>
> ok i did that and restarted apache.
> same problem.
> is there something else i need to do?
>
> thanks,
>
> Patrick

doh! used /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
and it works! thanks!
webmin 'apply changes' didn't cut it.

thanks again!

Patrick

Re: apache2 and php SOLVED [ In reply to ]
You're welcome. Stumbled over that more than once myself.