Mailing List Archive

Netbooting question
I'm looking to purchase an iMac from a friend for a really low price
(to me, anyway) but there is one problem. The CD drive on it is borked
something awful. I have a usb cd drive that will work with Apple
computers, but only under OS X. Lucky for me, the iMac has OS 9.2 and
OS X, and my friend chose to just keep using OS 9 because he's not
much of a computer person.

I know that iMacs can do a netboot. I saw a little Netboot HOW-TO on
the gentoo-wiki site, but it was about running some experimental sparc
netboot cd. What I'm wonder is if it is possible to turn that OS X cd
into an ISO file and then have that be netbooted by the iMac so I can
install it.

Does anyone know of a way to do this?

Thanks in advance,

Jamie R. McPeek