Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; rv:1.7.3) Gecko/20041004 Firefox/0.10.1

and have very annonyng bug ... when I go to a page it loads the page but continues
to show in the status bar "Transffering data from ....."
I cant close the tab, STOP button does nothing !!!!
I can click on a links showing on the pages, but then again the same happen...

The only way is to close the broswer

any idea why this happen
tia

Re: firefox annoyance !! [ In reply to ]
I'm not sure, but I think this happens when the page contains dead links, and
FF is still trying to D/L from a site that is not responding. It can
take a while
to time out.

Often, you cannot see what it's downloading, even when it's done -- a lot of
these are 1x1 pixel "images" that are really ways spammers and pfishers use
to tell who's reading their junk by who requests these things, and
what URL their
browser uses to access them. They may even be keeping the link "dead"
to cause exactly the behavior that annoys you so much, so that you may be
forced into looking at their ad for that much longer.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

++ kevin

On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 18:02:36 +0300, raptor@tvskat.net <raptor@tvskat.net> wrote:
> hi,
> I just upgraded firefox ....
>
> net-www/mozilla-firefox-1.0_pre-r2
> Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; rv:1.7.3) Gecko/20041004 Firefox/0.10.1
>
> and have very annonyng bug ... when I go to a page it loads the page but continues
> to show in the status bar "Transffering data from ....."
> I cant close the tab, STOP button does nothing !!!!
> I can click on a links showing on the pages, but then again the same happen...
>
> The only way is to close the broswer
>
> any idea why this happen
> tia

Kevin O'Gorman, PhD

Re: firefox annoyance !! [ In reply to ]
no it is not ads, but mrtg generated pages and yes it has unreachable images..:"(
This doesnt happen on the 0.9 firefox ???, so it is something wrong with the new release..
Any idea for workaround...

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Re: firefox annoyance !! [ In reply to ]
I found the problem it was the Single window OR Tab browser extension..
After I deinstalled them it does not do like that anymore..

Re: firefox annoyance !! [ In reply to ]
Most likely it's the tabbrowser extension. I was having some really
weird problems with the new firefox in both windows and linux.
Getting rid of the tabbrowser extension fixed it.

It looks like that extension isn't being developed anymore and isn't
completely compatible with the new firefox.

-Andy

Re: firefox annoyance !! [ In reply to ]
very interesting... now my firefox flys... may be it is personal feeling..
I have never had so quick and responsive browser...
Seems the firefox teams have done some tweaks between .9 and 1.0.. cool :")