the problem, what package should I emerge?

Thank you:)
--
---------------------------
锐业软服 Real SoftService
http://www.realss.com
技术服务电话: 0086 592 2086411
Technical Contact: 0086 592 2086411

Re: adjust font settings for gtk applications when gnome is not installed [ In reply to ]
There is a file, .gtkrc in your home directory that enables you to do
that, but I can't remember where I saw it's syntax.

Francisco

Re: adjust font settings for gtk applications when gnome is not installed [ In reply to ]
韡武 张 wrote:
> Hello. I am running Enlightenment only (no gnome). The font for gtk
> applications (say gaim) are too small, such default small font only fits
> English but Chinese characters are too small to read.
>
> However my box is slow, I don't have gnome installed (and does not plan to),
> I don't have gnome-font-properties(1). Is their alternative method to adjust
> font for gtk applications? Or if I have to install part of gnome to solve
> the problem, what package should I emerge?
>
> Thank you:)

I run Openbox3; I do have GNOME installed, but that's not relevant for
this point.

In order to have GTK apps appear "normal" under other WMs, I use the
following two programs:

usr/libexec/gnome-settings-daemon (to load the settings for GTK)

[root@Gentoo] 01:51 PM #equery belongs /usr/libexec/gnome-settings-daemon
[ Searching for file(s) /usr/libexec/gnome-settings-daemon in *... ]
gnome-base/control-center-2.6.1 (/usr/libexec/gnome-settings-daemon)

Runtime Dependencies
control-center-2.6.1

>= dev-libs/atk - 1.2
dev-libs/libxml2
>= gnome-base/gconf - 1.2
>= gnome-base/gnome-desktop - 2.2
>= gnome-base/gnome-vfs - 2.2
>= gnome-base/libbonobo - 2.2
>= gnome-base/libbonoboui - 2.2
>= gnome-base/libglade - 2
>= gnome-base/libgnome - 2.2
>= gnome-base/libgnomeui - 2.2
>= gnome-base/nautilus - 2.2
! gnome-extra/acme -
! gnome-extra/fontilus -
media-libs/fontconfig
media-sound/esound
>= x11-libs/gtk+ - 2.3
>= x11-libs/libxklavier - 1.02
>= x11-wm/metacity - 2.4.5
alsa >= media-libs/alsa-lib - 0.9
gstreamer >= media-libs/gst-plugins - 0.8
! gnome-extra/themus -
virtual/xft

and

gtk-chtheme (to change the settings for GTK without having to go through
the GNOME Control Center). This program allows you to change the fonts
used for GTK apps and their size as well.

Runtime Dependencies
gtk-chtheme-0.3.1

>= x11-libs/gtk+ - 2*

So, it could be better in terms of dependencies, but it could be worse, too.

Hope this helps.

Holly

Re: adjust font settings for gtk applications when gnome is not installed [ In reply to ]