My homepage: http://james.colannino.org/

"I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great
ordeal of meeting me is another matter." --Sir Winston Churchill

Re: Kmail [ In reply to ]
On Monday 04 October 2004 03:41 am, James Colannino wrote:
> Hey everyone.  I'm really starting to enjoy Kmail, and I think I'm
> going to be using it as my default mail client rather than Mozilla.
>  I have a question though.  I've searched all throughout the
> configuration options, and I can't figure out how to make it so that
> whenever I send messages, they get saved in the "Sent" directory on
> my imap server rather than in "Local Folders" -> "sent" which is
> where it always goes no matter which email account I'm using. It does
> this for me also when I delete messages, placing them in "Local
> Folders" -> "trash" rather than in Inbox -> Trash on the remote
> server.  I'd like to make it place messages on the server instead of
> on the machine since I like having everything accessible remotely.
>  Anybody know how I can do this?  It's a huge annoyance.  Thanks very
> much in advance.

Settings -> Configure Kmail -> Network -> Receiving tab -> modify your
account, at the bottom you can set your trash folder to be on you IMAP
server.

Settings -> Configure Kmail -> Identities -> modify your account ->
Advanced tab, to change your sent folder.

Dave

Re: Kmail [ In reply to ]
On Monday 04 October 2004 4:52 am, David Mallwitz wrote:
> On Monday 04 October 2004 03:41 am, James Colannino wrote:
> > I'm[using]Kmail[...and]I can't figure out how to make it so that
> > whenever I send messages, they get saved in the "Sent" directory on
> > my imap server rather than in "Local Folders" -> "sent" which is
> > where it always goes no matter which email account I'm using. It does
> > this for me also when I delete messages, placing them in "Local
> > Folders" -> "trash" rather than in Inbox -> Trash on the remote
> > server.  I'd like to make it place messages on the server instead of
> > on the machine since I like having everything accessible remotely.
>
> Settings -> Configure Kmail -> Network -> Receiving tab -> modify your
> account, at the bottom you can set your trash folder to be on you IMAP
> server.
>
> Settings -> Configure Kmail -> Identities -> modify your account ->
> Advanced tab, to change your sent folder.

Awesome, that worked. Thank you :)

James
--
My blog: http://www.crazydrclaw.com/