Mailing List Archive

SOLVED: Postfix - Error on sending mail
Felix Tiede wrote, On 03.10.2004 08:51:

> AFAIK postfix on gentoo doesn't use this, it provides its own version of a
> sendmail binary. You should remove mailer.conf, you shouldn't need it.

[snip]

> Take a look at the output of
> $> qpkg -l postfix
> it tells you, which files are installed by postfix.

[snip]

>>..and an other question.
>>I use postfix only for my cron sending mails to root.
>>I guess this is a bit luxury.
>>Can somebody point to a doc how to setup ssmtp for this use case?
>
> AFAIK ssmtp is just an infrastructure to make it possible to send mail to an
> email server. It has no delivery subsystem. So ssmtp is not the solution for
> your problem.

> Hope, this helps.
..und ob das hilft! ;)
> Greetings,
> Felix

Thanks for that information. I moved mailer.conf away.
But then I still got an error:

mailwrapper: cannot exec /usr/sbin/sendmail.sendmail: No such file or
directory

After that I reemerged postfix and that solved it in the end.

Thank you for your pushing me in the right direction. ;)

bye Thilo