Any ideas?

TIA,
James

Re: good bash book [ In reply to ]

http://www.zondervan.com/jpeg/0310700655.jpg

>If not specific to bash then
>maybe a book on other shells?

http://www.eatonsseashells.co.uk/book.jpg

Sorry

:)

Dave

RE: good bash book [ In reply to ]

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/bash2/ and http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/upt3/ would be a good start. The sed & awk book is also nice if you are going to be doing much file/string manipulation.

Re: good bash book [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 18:28:48 +0000 (UTC) James <wireless@tampabay.rr.com>
wrote:
| I'm looking for an book on bash, particularly for advanced work,
| hopefully with lots of examples and information on where to find
| scripts. Online resources are welcome, but, I'm really looking for a
| book, so I can use it to teach a small group, and that they can use
| for a reference book. If not specific to bash then maybe a book on
| other shells? Hopefully something not to old on the last date of
| publication. A linux centric seasoning would be nice too.

info bash

--
Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Sparc, MIPS, Vim, Fluxbox)
Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm
Re: good bash book [ In reply to ]
Insert this file into OpenOffice writer - book is ready:

http://www.tldp.org/LDP/abs/html/abs-guide.html

======= On Friday 01 October 2004 22:28, James wrote: =======
Hello,

I'm looking for an book on bash, particularly for advanced work, hopefully with
lots of examples and information on where to find scripts. Online resources are

Re: good bash book [ In reply to ]
Andrew Gaydenko <a <at> etver.com> writes:

> Insert this file into OpenOffice writer - book is ready:
> http://www.tldp.org/LDP/abs/html/abs-guide.html

Thanks!

James

Re: Re: good bash book [ In reply to ]
looks like its available as pdf too, but at 535 pages you may not want
to print out too many copies...

other formats too.

http://www.tldp.org/LDP/abs/

On Sat, 2 Oct 2004 00:03:16 +0000 (UTC)