his American shop, so might exprees ideas and suggestions just freely,
which might be helpful. So such forum/group is possible to exist.

How do I find it? I googled around without luck.

Re: business talk? [OT] [ In reply to ]
Zhang Weiwu wrote:

> Hello. I am a long time Linux user/programmer just entered IT business.

Variety is the spice of...

> I know Linux is a world of communication and corporation, people hang on
> IRC, mailing lists and newsgroups to help each other, but business is
> not like this, free talk hurts many businesses.

Not necessarily. Many business people collaborate ideas on how to achieve best pactice for their industry at large. It's called "co-opertition" or something.

> However, I still expect, since this world is so large, there might be a
> forum or group where no-directly-related business people could talk and
> exchange ideas, questions and answers. If the forum is on the Internet,
> distance could make people talk more freely. Say, if a Russian business
> man raise a question "how do I handle this visitor, a London investors
> suggestion?" another American guy might know this has nothing to do with
> his American shop, so might exprees ideas and suggestions just freely,
> which might be helpful. So such forum/group is possible to exist.

Not only is such a forum possible to exist, they do. Down here, Open Source Industry Australia was formed for that very reason - by competing businesses!

http://www.osia.net.au

Their reasoning is simple - work together to foster the open source industry as a whole. Given there is a perception of an element of FUD among IT buyers, a reputable association like OSIA could quite easily become a first point of contact for people looking at open source software and solutions as an alternative to proprietary ones. Although the OSIA is quite young (it started in Feb this year) it already has some 80 member companies. If you're not in Australia I have no idea how receptive they would be to you but you can always try the mailing list ;-)

> How do I find it? I googled around without luck.

You post to gentoo-user, of course ;-) Seriously though, I gather OSIA is similar to - of not, exactly - something that you're after. If not, I have completely misunderstood your RFI and can't help you.