backups are on a windows box, so I'll have to push it there, but if
that's a lost cause, let me know.

-Josh

Re: backup server [ In reply to ]
you can use the utility dd to make bit to bit backup
also, you can use tar ;)

Josh Close wrote:

>What would be the best way to backup a linux server? Right now all my
>backups are on a windows box, so I'll have to push it there, but if
>that's a lost cause, let me know.
>
>-Josh
>
>--

/* Beber : beber (AT) setibzh (DOT) com
* https://guybrush.ath.cx
* Using Mozilla Thunderbird on Gentoo Linux
* Rachel @ friends.paris
*/

Re: backup server [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 20:21:16 +0200, Beber <beber@setibzh.com> wrote:
> you can use the utility dd to make bit to bit backup
> also, you can use tar ;)

Yes, I can tar it, then zip it, but how do I send it to a windows box?
If it was going to a linux box, I'd just rsync it over, or even scp
or ftp it over.

The problem is moving it from a linux box to a windows box.

-Josh

Re: backup server [ In reply to ]
You can use rsync or/and ftp too an windows ;)